ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟺

Date: November 1, XXXX
Time: 10:24 p.m.
Location: ?????

The lights are dimmed the next night when you open your eyes, not nearly as blinding as the last few times you've woken up in this strange room. Gazing up at the ceiling, slowly blinking at the tiles, your mind tries to register the abundance of warmth that wraps around you like a blanket from head to toe.

Where is it coming from?

Trying and failing to lift your numb limbs, you sigh deeply through your nose. That's when you realize that the mask usually strapped over your nose and mouth is gone. The only smell that permeates your nose is the antiseptic smell of a hospital, no longer tainted with the sweet scent of chloroform.

As you attempt to raise your neck, black and blue spots dance across your vision, blocking out your view of the room. You have to lay your head back down to keep from immediately puking and ever so slowly, they begin to clear away, finishing their tango and exiting the stage so your mind can begin processing your situation for the umpteenth night in a row. The sight that greets you is not pleasant.

In a lounge chair situated in the opposite corner of the room, a tall man leans back with his eyes closed and legs stretched out before him. His cheek rests on his fist as his chest rises and falls rhythmically. Polished black loafers decorate his feet and he is dressed in casual business attire as if he just left a meeting. Pale skin stretches over defined features and his blond hair falls over his forehead to cast shadows over his eyelids.

His hair is longer than you remember and his naturally tan skin has faded, but without a doubt, it's him. Tatsuo sleeps peacefully in the blue, plush chair just across the room from you.

Holy fuck.

Memories from the other night come flooding back in like a whirlwind and your skin grows clammy as you try to clench your fists. Those awful twins from the Hexad had been in here just a few days ago, how could you forget?

With one realization comes another and another and another.

When did they escape?

Where are you?

How long have they been drugging you?

What happened to you?

Fuck.

Your breath hitches in your throat and a moment later a crease forms in Tatsuo's brow from across the room. Immediately realizing your mistake and holding your breath, you can only stare with baited breath as the male begins to stir. His heightened senses must have caught the sound and woken him up. In only moments, the glowing red eyes of a dragon gaze into yours.

Double fuck.

As if he isn't fully awake, the emotions in his eyes remain blank for the better part of a minute as he takes in your state. Then, like flipping a switch, a smile graces his features as fanged canines reveal themselves from behind his blush tinted lips.

"Morning, Angel. Or, should I say evening?" Tatsuo questions, rising from the lounge chair and crossing the room in only a couple of steps.

He hovers over your bed, smiling with fake kindness as he reaches a calloused hand out to brush your stray hairs from your face. You try to flinch away but find yourself restrained by the leather braces tying you to the hospital bed you rest on. They wrap over your arms, waist, and legs, successfully keeping you tied down. Reaching inside of yourself to use your quirk, you realize you can't find it. Either your head isn't clear enough or they have quirk restraint cuffs somewhere on you.

Tatsuo smiles genuinely as he watches the realization flash through your eyes and sees you struggle to twist out of them, continuing to brush your unruly hair down with his fingers. After a moment you stop moving, gasping for breath from the sudden wave of exhaustion that rolls over you like waves.