Chapter 37

~

"Torao you ok?" Luffy tilted his head looking at Law who seemed like he would throw up and fall over. They were both at the airport, waiting for Law's friends.

"Yea, just dreading those guys getting here." Law slumped further in his chair, the plane had landed a few minutes ago so there was still time till he had to meet his idiots.

"Why?"

"I don't know how they will behave- actually I do know, I mean I can guess..." Law started then sighed when he realized he on his way to rambling. "They don't have verbal filters and they get overexcited and since you're my first ever boyfriend, I don't really know how those guys will react in person. So, I am dreading all that, they might say something that makes you curious about other things and then we might have a problem on our hands and-" Law cut himself off. "Sorry, the anxiety is taking over."

"It's ok, we'll see as we go." Luffy took Law's hands in his and rubbed them to help soothe the older's worries. He had asked Chopper about ways to help someone with problems that Torao had and his reindeer friend had told him about so many things Luffy could do to help.

'We'll see as we go' was a philosophy in life that Law absolutely loathed since he was a man of plans and liked to know about everything before jumping into things but being with Luffy, knowing him for as long as he had, that very philosophy was sort of liberating and freeing, there was no need to worry for the future and maybe since Luffy was with him now, Law really needed to learn to live like him too, at least a little.

"Come on, let's go wait by the gates." Luffy pulled on Law's hand to pull him up and the older followed without much resistance. The both didn't need any signs to help the Flevance three recognize them, Law was tall as fuck so Luffy put his strawhat up there too, Law made a perfect billboard.

"Captain!" Bepo was the first to beam up and Law waved a little then pointed at the end of the pathway, signaling he would wait there.

"Come on." Law tugged Luffy along to the rendezvous point and watched his three friends wheel their belongings to the waiting two. They looked calm but Law knew it was only a matter of time before he was-

"Captain!"

"Captain!" The two human idiots jumped on the surgeon without much regard for how it looked to the other people present.

"Mugiwara!"

"Mugiwara!" Luffy was next in the hug-assault, however, since Luffy was equally energetic all the time, if not more, the hugs were no offense to him.

"Funny guys! Bepo!"

Law wheeled all the luggage in a corner while the four were hugging it out. He was glad it was over for him.

"Do you guys want to eat something or go straight to the hotel?" Law cut through before his friends started questioning Luffy in the middle of the fucking airport.

"I would like to take a bath first." Bepo was the first to say and thus set the plan.

"Alright then hotel first, then food?"

"Sounds good to me." Penguin agreed.

"Luffy coming with?" Shachi asked the youngest in the group.

"Yeah!"

"As if he'd pass any opportunity for food." Law joked.

"So taxi?" Penguin inquired.

"Franky agreed to give us his truck!" Luffy jumped, excited.

"Well Law can drive just about anything." Shachi pointed.

"You guys can settle in the back." Law explained setting the luggage in the back of the truck. There was limited lighting in the parking lot so Luffy had turned the flashlight of his phone on to help the doctor.