Chapter 78

~

Luffy listened to Nami scolding him nonstop over the lack of communication from his side while being in Flevance, it got worse when the younger accidentally let slip that Rosinante was back with Law.

"Luffy give the phone to Law right now!" Nami yelled and the young man pulled the device away from his ear to save his eardrum.

"Torao's resting and he's stressed so he doesn't wanna talk to anyone." Luffy answered walking in the hall outside the infirmary.

"What do you mean resting? What happened to him?"

"He got a stent in a few hours ago so he's sleeping."

"What the- why!? What happened! Is he ok? Did he have a heart attack??? Luffy why didn't you tell me?!" Nami kept screaming.

"I forgot..." Luffy sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

"YOU- ugh, it doesn't matter, Law's ok right? And Rosi-san, he's ok too?"

"Shachi said Torao's gonna be ok now, and Cora-o's ok too."

"Can we come over? Is Law ok enough for that?"

"No... but I have a feeling we'll be coming back in a few days."

"Fine, I'll let everyone know."

"And tell everyone to not crowd Torao either, no yelling or stuff too."

"Got it."

Luffy put his phone in his jacket pocket and walked inside the infirmary. Rosinante was sitting beside the doctor on the bed, letting his son use him for support to sleep on. Luffy made a face at the way Law kicked the sheets aside in his sleep.

"He's cold but he doesn't like these sheets." Rosinante said with a sigh.

"I got him." Luffy said and ran to Law's room to get his blankets, carefully adjusted them on his boyfriend with the help of his father and sat down at the edge of the bed.

"How did you know this would work?" Corazon asked in a whisper.

"It was a hunch the first time, I like being around familiar things when I'm not ok, figured Torao might too, we're pretty similar like that." Luffy answered with a shrug. "Torao's easy to read too, sometimes."

"Thank you for being with him."

"It's no big deal, I like being with him."

"I do have to mention though, you're the exact opposite of a person I thought Law might like." Cora said, he felt like he could actually talk to Luffy now, had gathered enough courage to do it.

"Nyahahahah-oops." Luffy accidentally laughed out loud. "My friends used to say that a lot about Torao too when we first started going out."

"You both seem like complete opposites."

"Everyone said that a lot too, but we're really similar, we both don't like taking a bath, we both fall asleep in baths too, we've got good friends, we like taking walks at night, we both get involved in stupid shit, I get to help Torao when his brain goes against him and he patches me up when I get injured, we both like helping people, but we're kinda different too, so I guess that works." Luffy listed.

"How did you guys meet?" Rosinante was now genuinely interested, he realized talking to Luffy required no effort at all and he was scared and ashamed for no reason, the boy wasn't judging.

"Torao saved me from bad people, took care of me, then took me back home, then we met again a lot of years later, I guess it kicked off on its own from there."