1

The palace was bustling with young girls and boys as they ran around wearing big smiles that stretched on their faces to the point that their cheeks were hurting

The palace was bustling with young girls and boys as they ran around wearing big smiles that stretched on their faces to the point that their cheeks were hurting. Women were dressed colourfully as they smiled and chatted away with their friends and family. The young men of the house were getting prepared for the day.

The women in the kitchen were preparing the heavenly food while continuous fruit drinks were passed from the kitchen to the main hall where the men took their seats. Some wore proud smiles while others wore bored expressions as they listened to the men talk about politics and business.

Diya Kumari rolled her eyes when she heard her husband scold the young kid who stole the antic piece from the drawing room. "Narendra, he must've thought of it as a toy. Let the poor kid go."

Narendra turned his head and looked at his wife. "Poor kid? He was trading this item with the other kids. He knew the value of it." Diya Kumari shook her head. "What are you planning to do now? Now that you have caught him."

"I'm going to talk with his parents." The young kid's eyes widened in horror as he brought his hands together. "Sir, I'm really sorry. I just wanted to win the bet. I wasn't planning on stealing it."

"Papa." Diya Kumari and Narendra turned when they saw Vrishali. Vrishali heard everything as she was walking down the hall. Vrishali's gaze fell on the young child. She stopped and placed her hand on the young kid's shoulder.

"Are you sure that you weren't stealing it?" Her voice was gentle and calm. The boy nodded hysterically. "Yes, ma'am. I was not stealing it. I― I" The boy's cheeks turned pink in embarrassment and Vrishali knew he was on the edge of crying. The attention on him wasn't helping. "Okay, I believe you." His eyes widened. "You do?"

Vrishali crunched down to his level, brushing his hair as she patted his cheek. "Yes, I do. Now, apologize to Sir and ma'am."

"Okay." The kid apologized to Narendra and Diya Kumari before rushing out.

"You are always soft on kids," Diya Kumari said with a smile playing on her face. "What can I say? They are just too cute to be angry at." That earned a laugh from both the elders.

"How are you feeling, ma? Is your knee feeling good?" Vrishali's gaze went to Diya Kumari's knees. "You shouldn't be standing for long."

"I'm good, Narendra iced it all night. I feel better and there is no pain." Vrishali sighed. "Where are the kids?" Narender asked and Vrishali shook her head. "They aren't planning on leaving their rooms yet. Padmanabh went to wake them up."

Diya Kumari's eyes widened in horror. "They aren't up yet?" Vrishali gave a sheepish smile. "God, they have partied all night, aren't they?"

"Yeah, but Padmanabh will wake them up." Narendra chuckled, shaking his head. "Yashu is speaking with the men in the living room."

Vrishali nodded her head. "He was the one who woke us up." A teasing smile started playing on Diya Kumari's face. "You two have partied with the kids, weren't you?" Vrishali threw her head back and laughed, nodding her head. "And Padmanabh put up a fight before leaving the bed. So Yashu dragged him out of bed, ironic," Narendra said.

*

Vedant closed his eyes in frustration. He counted down the numbers as he tried to control his anger while his younger sister wasn't having it, as he heard her shrill. "Atulya! You are so dead in my hands!"

Atulya laughed, throwing the bucket to the floor and rushing to the floor. Before he could escape, someone held onto his leg. He looked down and his eyes widened in horror. He wrestled his leg and rushed out of the room.

Vedant got off the floor, drenched in water as the sun's rays hit his face. He brushed his hair out of his face as he looked down at his thin shirt and shorts, now drenched in water. His gaze went to his cousins, who woke up from their sleep.

"The fuck!" Darsh cursed when he woke up with cold water on his face. His gaze fell on Vedant who was looking down at him. "Did the fucker do it?" Vedant shrugged his shoulders before searching for his phone. Vedant could see his sister leaving the room furiously before they heard another shrill coming from the adjusted room.

Padmanabh's eyes widened when he saw Atulya rushing like a madman in the hallway with Vidha running behind him. Without a word, he turned and started walking towards the other side, not wanting to be in the middle of chaos.

"Asshole! Why did you do it!" Vidha cursed at her brother. Her head was hurting and the madman had to choose violence in the morning. She wasn't going to leave him alone until she kicked his ass.

"Mummy! Help me!" Atulya yelled when he saw Vrishali standing with Diya kumari and Narendra. Vrishali shook her head as she watched Vida drenched in water. "She is going to kill me!"

They were standing in the east wing of the palace and in the courtyard. It had doors on every side. Atulya tried to escape through the right hallway but when he saw his cousin, he turned to his right and rushed to escape through the door. Padmanabh stopped watching the scene.

Atulya was about to escape when he turned around and found the lady with the bucket. She threw the water at him when he crunched down, escaping it. Atulya sighed but everything stopped in the room. Everyone's eyes widened in horror. Vedant stopped in his tracks and Vidha cursed under her breath looking at her brothers and bestfriend. The brown eyes froze on the man who clenched his jaw and his hands turned into fists as he closed his eyes.

"Fuck me."

"He will."