42

Nalani was amused– Amused as she stared at Hridyanshu. Hridyanshu groaned but stood still. "How did you gain four kgs in two days? You aren't able to fit in the kurtha," Vidha said.

Vedanth laughed as Vrishali entered the room. "What happened? What was the emergency?"

Vidha pointed at Hridyanshu. "His outfits aren't fitting hum." Hridyanshu rolled his eyes. "They are fitting perfectly. . .  It's just that around my bicep area, they are too tight."

"How could he mess up with his clothes." Vrishali picked up Hridyanshu's outfit. "I knew this would happen. Don't worry, he can easily solve this."

"How?" Vedanth asked as Vrishali took her seat. "You need to go to my room and get my kit. It's underneath the bed. Get the pink colour one, not the brown one." Vrishali looked at everyone. "We are going to remove the extra stitches and lose the fabric. It will take time, but we must sit down and work on each outfit."

Hridyanshu released a breath that he was holding. "Thank god! We have a solution." He got scared when Vidha came over with his clothes for trial, and the arms didn't fit him. He thought how uncomfortable it would be and how conscious he had to be.

"Even if they aren't going to fit. We have brought other sets for you," Nalani said. Hridyanshu nodded. "I want to match your outfits."

"Don't worry, honey. We are going to sort this out. You don't have to wear the extras," Vrishali said.

"I hope so. . . Is Atulya here?" Hridyanshu asked. Vrishali shook her head. "He will be flying down to Kannur by evening. Don't worry; he will be present for the pellikoduku ritual."

"Who is picking him up from the airport?" Nalani asked. "I'm," Vidha replied. Nalani nodded. "Can't Vedanth pick him up?"

Vidha snorted. "He ended up arguing with him. Athulya doesn't want to have another argument with Vedanth."

"Point." Vrishali shook her head. "I don't want you men to argue when there's a wedding. What was the point of arguing with him?"

"Woah! I wasn't the one who was arguing!" Vedanth entered the room, and everyone looked at him. "What happened?"

"Are you not speaking with Atulya?" Vrishali questioned. Hridyanshu took the bag from Vedant and took a seat beside Nalani. Nalani pulled out the sewing needles from the pack, and they started working on the outfits.

"We are talking." Vrishali raised a brow. "Why am I hearing that you two argued?" Vedanth immediately looked at Vidha. "It was a simple argument. I only asked him questions, and he didn't answer!"

Vrishali sighed and scratched her brow. "Vedanth, let's not make Atulya uncomfortable by asking him things he doesn't want to discuss."

"Okay." Vrishali nodded. "Now, let's get to work."

*

Aadya rolled her eyes as Vedant passed her the drink. Her gaze went to Hridyanshu's friends, who were on her left. "Whose the man in the white shirt?"

Vedanth looked at the man in white. "Joel or Josh." Aadya hummed. Nalani was laughing at something Hridyanshu had shared.

Nalani wore a wine-red cocktail dress, and Hridyanshu wore a black dress shirt with its first two buttons open. His coat was missing, along with his watch.

"Do you know, I never really liked your friends? They were so pretentious," Nalani whispered. "Pretentious?" Nalani hummed. "Whenever they were present. They all try to be more pretentious than others. They are snobs!" Hridyanshu's couldn't help but laugh.

"I cannot disagree with that. Not all my friends are pretentious. Some of them were pretentious, but not anymore. A lot of them have changed and right now focused on travelling and self-care."

Nalani raised her brow. "That's nice. Is that the reason why you haven't joined us?" Hridyanshu's gaze went To his friends. "Hmm, yes. Some of them aren't on speaking terms. They don't want to be present and make things awkward. They will be coming to the wedding."

"Haha, some of my single friends are intrested in your friends. They were hoping to see them in person." Hridynashu smiled. "Well, they need to wait two days to meet them." Nalani hummed. The cocktail party is going well. Vedanth and Vidha are taking care of the guests. Atulya is speaking with Will and Luke.

"Do you want to step out for a while?" Hridyanshu asked. Nalani nodded. They had been drinking for a while now. Nalani is a bit drunk and needs to step out of the party.

Hridyanshu holds Nalani's hand as they step towards the back entrance. "My uncles love you." Hridyanshu smiled upon hearing that.

"I love your uncles and aunts." Nalani smiled. "I never thought they would be loving me so much. Your aunts especially. They kept sending me those flowers and sweets every morning as they heard that I haven't received enough flowers before."

"I know, they were surprised that you love flowers but didn't receive enough flowers. Don't be surprised if they send tons of flower saplings."

"They are going to send me the flower pots?" Nalani giggled. "Yeah, they would."

"Your uncles— I love them so much. They kept sending snacks all the time. Vedanth was so jealous."