9

Vrishali kissed Padmanabh as they locked themselves in the room

Vrishali kissed Padmanabh as they locked themselves in the room. They didn't care that there were relatives, friends and family waiting for them. Padmanabh smiled as Vrishali's cheeks turned pink. "Happy birthday, baby." Soft giggles left Vrishali's mouth as they looked at each other.

Padmanabh's phone started ringing. "We  better move or else Atulya will be the first one to bang on our door." Padmanabh laughed, pulling her body closer to his. "I love you."

"I love you too." They stayed there for a longer period before they heard the loud banging on their door. "See, the cockblocker is here," Vrishali joked, knowing too well who it was.

"Mummy! Daddy! Everyone's waiting for you two!" Atulya yelled like a kid, forgetting the fact that he was twenty-eight. Vidha shook her head at her brother's stupidity. "Atulya, you aren't a kid anymore."

"Maybe I'm not, but to them, I'm a kid and we need to give them nostalgia." Vedant laughed, covering his mouth. "You better stop before mummy smacks your little butt."

"But everyone's waiting for them and they aren't even stepping out of their room."  Atulya stopped and crossed his arms as they waited for Padmanabh and Vrishali. After twenty minutes of camping before the room, they stepped out of their room.

Vedant gave a knowing smile while Atulya and Vidha wore cringe expressions. "You guys are awfully late."

Vrishali rolled her eyes. "We are fashionably late. Are you sure you belong to this generation?"

"Ma!"

"Everyone's waiting."

"Let's go then." Together they all started walking. Vidha spoke with Padmanabh as they walked and Atulya bickered with Vrishali. "Where is Yashu?" Vrishali asked. "Bhaiyya is taking care of the guests."

*

"That doesn't make any sense," Vedant whispered as he stood beside Hridyanshu. Their cousin Dev has been speaking about the gaming software that his company is developing. Akshay chuckled, shaking his head. "I don't know, Dev. Maybe you should speak with Akshita. She's the one who is into game-developing software."

Dev scuffed. "She doesn't even reply to my messages. It wouldn't be a surprise if she blacklisted my number." Everyone shared a laugh. "You are sick and she hates it when you call her during work hours."

"Where is Vidha?" Hridyanshu asked Vedant. "Her friends are here. They are at the pool." Hridyanshu nodded his head. Hridyanshu looked around. He hadn't seen Nalani since morning. "Where is Nalani?"

"She has to be here. She might be stuck in traffic." Time passed before Padmannabh called Hridyanshu to a side.

"Yash, are you drunk?"

"No, I had a glass of wine." Padmanabh nodded his head. "Nalani's driver called me. The car stopped in the middle of the highway and they were stuck for an hour." Hridyanshu tensed. "She is safe but I want you to go and pick her up."