20

Nalani tapped her fingers on her thigh as she waited for her flight

Nalani tapped her fingers on her thigh as she waited for her flight. She would be in Dubai by the afternoon. Vidha called her last night, informing her that she was in Dubai with her brothers. Nalani knew something was off and decided to ask about it when she met her.

She utilized her time watching the Netflix series which Aadya had suggested. By the time she finished the third episode, there was an announcement. She locked her phone and stood up to join the line.

She had left a message for Hridyanshu, saying she was going to stay for the weekend. Vidha had suggested getting a dress as they might attend a charity event. Nalani was not planning on attending any parties but she never knew. If Hridyanshu is going to attend the evening then Nalani is going to go along.

*

Vedant checked his emails as he waited for Nalani. She should be out in any minute. "Vedant!" Vedant looked up and smiled when he saw Nalani making her way towards him.

"Hey, Bubba. You look good." Nalani chuckled, giving him a hug. "And what is the reason behind that sadness?" she asked. Vedant took the luggage from her. "You will see the reason when we reach the hotel."

Nalani's brows frowned in confusion. "Were they fighting? Is that the reason why you are here?" Vedant hummed and started walking towards the parking space.

"For the safe side, do not talk with Hridyanshu. He― He isn't in a great mood and I don't think he would be happy seeing you."

"Why? I sent a message when I was boarding the plane."

"Hmm― He asked Vidha to tell you not to come. Seems like Vidha didn't pass the message." Vedant opened the car door. "Thank you." Nalani took her seat and put on the seatbelt as she thought about it. Why wouldn't Vidha not tell her?

"Not that Hridyanshu doesn't want to see you personally. It's just that there are things that need his attention and Vidha―"

"Vidha?"

Vedant sighed heavily. "She caused some trouble and we need to attend this event that our family has been ignoring."

"The charity event Vidha was talking about?"

"Yeah... You know about that?"

"No, she just mentioned that we might attend a charity event." Vedant nodded his head. "I don't understand what's going on in Vidha's head. She is making reckless decisions and we are angry about it."

*

Nalani looked around the suite. They rented a penthouse and the other two are nowhere to be found. "I will show you the room. You freshen up while I order food. Is pizza okay with you?"

"Yeah." Vedant showed her the room and left her alone to settle in. Nalani wandered into the washroom to take a shower. She wasn't able to take a shower in the morning. She took a shower and dressed in a pair of mom jeans and a full-sleeve cotton top.