13

Padmanabh placed his cup and crossed his legs as he waited for Hridyanshu to show up

Padmanabh placed his cup and crossed his legs as he waited for Hridyanshu to show up. He had come early and wouldn't mind waiting for his son. Vrishali is at the palace busy with her photoshoot. He decided to spend some time with Hridyanshu and he had some important to discuss with him.

Time passed before he watched Hridyanshu walking towards the table. He smiled when Hridyanshu didn't take his seat before giving him a hug. "Hey, Pa. I'm sorry if I made you wait." Padmanabh chuckled. "No, Yashu. I just wanted to be early. You are on time." Hridyanshu smiled, pushing his hair back. Padmanabh took his time observing the younger version of himself. It clearly amuses him whenever he watches his kids. He cannot believe he and Vrishali created them.

"Have you ordered yet, Pa?" Padmanabh shook his. "No, I was waiting for you." Hridyanshu smiled handing the menu to Padmanabh. "Please do the honours, I will have whatever you will have." Padmanabh rolled his eyes, playfully slapping his hand. "I'm not good at this and you don't have to be polite with me. I'm not one of your clients."

Hridyanshu laughed, "Pa, you are more important than a client. You are my biggest investor." Hridyanshu winked at Padmanabh. "Oh, no. Don't let your mum hear that. She claims she is the biggest investor and she doesn't like it if someone claims the position." They laughed, nodding their heads.

Hridyanshu ordered food for both of them, while Padmanabh thought of how he was going to bring up the topic. He is awkward and wanted Vrishali beside him, but Vrishali made him talk with Hridyanshu alone. Because she believes the kids fear him and would never take his word lightly. 

*

Padmanabh finished the glass of water and leaned back in his seat. He might get comfortable before he spoke with Hridyanshu. "Yash." Hridyanshu looked at his father. He knew there was something important. "Yes, Pa."

"I do want to go around the bush. Your mum and I only wish happiness to you all." Hridyanshu nodded his head. "Have you found someone?"

Hridyanshu blinked his eyes. "No, Pa." Padmanabh nodded his head. "Are you seeing someone? You do not have to hide anything from us. It is completely fine with us if you are seeing someone or in love."

Hridyanshu smiled. "Pa, I know. But to be honest, I'm not seeing anyone and I'm busy with my work at the firm." Padmanabh stayed silent, searching for the words.

"Hmm, your mum and I believe that it is time for you to see someone and get settled. I know the past has been hard on you and it was hard for us to see you at that stage." Padmanabh sighed. "We have been patient and given you space, but you need to understand that you are not getting any younger. We― We want you to be happy and find someone." Hridyanshu stayed quiet, not wanting to cut in.

"We do not want to force you into settling down. If we ignore things like you have been doing, it will only make things worse. It will only make you end up being alone. We do not want to see you locking yourself up with hectic work. This is not the life we want you to feel." Padmanabh brought his hands together. "Things hurt, hearts broke but that isn't the end. Everyone goes through a phase and there is so much after that. If we do not step out, then we won't ever be able to help ourselves."