Prologue

Sarah Prescott was in shock, she couldn't believe that something this horrible could happen in their town let alone to her mother

Sarah Prescott was in shock, she couldn't believe that something this horrible could happen in their town let alone to her mother. The fifteen year old was in shock, who would want to hurt her mother? She was a housewife, what could she have possibly done to make someone want to kill her?

Sarah jumped as she felt her older sister, Sidney, place an arm around her shoulders. She laid her head on Sid's shoulder and felt the tears well up once again. Sidney just laid her head on top of Sarah's and let the tears flow. Their father had been in with the Sheriff for a while and both girls knew that it wouldn't be long before each of them were called in for questioning.

Sarah hadn't seen anything, she was at the video store hanging out with Cole until Deputy Dewey came and picked her up. He wouldn't tell her anything until they got to the Sheriff's Station where her father and sister were waiting. There her sister broke the news to her and she couldn't believe what she was told; her mother had been murdered. Their father was away on business and got back as soon as he could.

Soon her father comes out and gets Sidney, leaving Sarah alone. It wasn't long before she was called into the office.

"Sarah," Sheriff Burke began, "I need to ask you a few questions. Is that alright with you?"

She nodded her head, "Where were you tonight?"

"I was at Coles house watching a movie; Mom dropped me off there earlier tonight," She said.

" Now this is Cole Thomas correct? Was there anyone else there with you?" the Sheriff asked.

"Yes Cole Thomas. His younger sister, Aimee was there."

Sheriff Burke nodded his head, "How did your mother seem when she dropped you off? Was she nervous or upset about anything?"

Sarah shook her head, "No she was acting normal. She dropped me off and said she had a few errands to run and to call her when I was ready to come home. She told me she loved me and then drove off."

"Did your mother receive any phone calls before you left the house?" he asked.

Sarah paused for a moment, "There was one call about an hour before we left for Coles but when I aske her about it she said it was a wrong number."

The sheriff nods, "I think that will be all. If I have anymore questions for any of you I'll be in touch. Again I'm so sorry for your loss."

Sarah stood up and wrapped an arm around Sidney thinking that she hoped this would all be over soon. Little did they know that this was just the beginning.