Chapter Seven

As they were running all Sarah could think was, 'where the hell is Dewey?' Sidney stopped at a wooden fence that lined the property and started knocking the boards loose enough to create a hole for them to climb through

As they were running all Sarah could think was, 'where the hell is Dewey?' Sidney stopped at a wooden fence that lined the property and started knocking the boards loose enough to create a hole for them to climb through. As they climbed through and made it to the road, headlights headed their way. Both of the girls started waving their arms and yelling for whoever was driving to slow down.

As it gets close Sarah can see that it's the news van heading their way. Before it reaches them the driver yanks the wheel and drives down an embankment, into the woods. Both girls cover their mouths in horror as they watch the van careen into a tree. Sarah wasted no time grabbing her sisters arm and running back towards the house. As they got close they saw a figure moving towards the front door, it was Dewey. Sarah could tell something was wrong with him by the way he was stumbling along holding onto the doorframe.

He looked up, "Sid, Sar," before falling over. Sarah couldn't stop the whimper that left her at the sight of the knife buried in his back.

They watch as he slumps over and the killer is standing behind him. The sisters turn and run for Dewey's cruiser. Just as Sarah slams the door the killer slams into it. Sarah frantically mashes the lock on her door as Sidney searches for the keys. As her sister looks for the keys Sarah leans into the back seat to make sure that the doors are locked. As she leans back into the passenger seat she sees the killer knocking on Sidney's window with the keys in his hand. He disappears and the doors start to unlock. The sisters start to frantically push the locks back down, not realizing that the hatch part of the cruiser was slowly opening. They start frantically looking around as the unlocking of the doors stops. Its when Sarah looks in the rearview mirror and sees the hatch open but before she could call out for Sidney a hand reaches forward and swings the knife at her. She grabs the arm and pushes back.

She looks at Sidney, "Run!"

While she is turned to her sister the killer breaks free of her hold and swings the knife toward her leg. She screams as the knife tears through her leg, as he pulls it out she pulls her leg back and kicks him farther into the backseat. She reaches for the lock on the door and falls out onto the ground. Sidney grabs her by the arm and they take off towards the front porch. About halfway up the walkway Sarah looks back to see that the killer is no longer there. She turns and follows Sidney onto the porch, limping with the pain in her leg. Sidney leans down to check on Dewey and grabs his gun.

The sisters turn around as Randy comes running up.

"Jesus Sid , we gotta get outta here," he yells.

Sidney points the gun at him, "Stop right there!"

"Don't shoot. It's me!" he cries.

"Don't come any closer!"

"Listen to me. I found Tatum, she's dead. I think Stu did it," he cries out.

Sarah looks behind Randy to see Stu moving up the walk, he was yelling.

"Don't listen to him Sid, Sar. He did it. He killed my Tates aNd Billy."

Stu keeps coming closer and Sid tells him to stay away but the whole time all Sarah could think was 'How does he know about Billy?"

She and Sidney watch and listen as the two guys they've known all their lives start to argue back and forth about which one is the killer. Stu comes forward, "Give me the gun Sid."

Sidney looks at her sister but Sarah shakes her head. They can't know who to trust, either one of them could be the killer. They share a look and Sarah can see what Sid is thinking and she nods. She starts moving backwards into the house and Sidney follows, "Fuck you both!"

She slams the door and locks it as Randy and Stu start beating on the door wanting to be let in. As they lean against the door they see Billy at the top of the stairs covered in blood.

"Sid," he groans as he starts to make his way down the stairs. He takes a couple of steps before he trips and tumbles down the stairs. Sidney runs over to him and helps him up, they make their way to the door where Sarah is still standing. Billy goes to open the door but they stop him.

"Don't! He's out there," Sarah said.

Randy yells, "Please, you gotta let me in. He's gonna kill me!"

Billy goes to open the door but Sidney stops him, "No don't! I don't trust him."

As Sidney tries to stop him, Sarah can't help but notice that the blood covering his body looks too red, too unrealistic. Billy convinces Sidney to give him the gun and opens the door.

Randy rushes in, "Stu's flipped out. He's gone mad."

Before either sister can say or do anything Billy says, " 'We all go a little mad sometimes'"

Everyone looked at him in confusion, until he brings the gun up and shoots Randy. Randy falls back through the table in the entryway and Sarah mumbles, "Oh Fuck!"

Billy scratches the side of his head with the gun, "Anthony Perkins -Psycho."

Sarah stands there trying to figure out how they were going to get out of this. Billy licks some of the "blood" off his finger and he hums.

"Corn syrup. The same thing they used for pigs blood in Carrie."

Sidney starts shaking her head and backing up towards her sister. Sarah grabs her arm and pulls her towards the kitchen. They bump into Stu who stands there watching in horror. Sidney buries her face in his chest, "Stu please help us."

Sarah watches as he brings something up to his mouth, "Surprise, Sidney."

All Sarah can do is look back and forth between the two wondering how and the hell they were going to get out of this, especially now that there were two of them.