Chapter Two

Sarah was sitting in class listening to her third teacher of the day talk about what happened to Casey and Steve

Sarah was sitting in class listening to her third teacher of the day talk about what happened to Casey and Steve. By now they all should have the speech memorized. The teacher is interrupted when a student steps in and hands her a piece of paper.

"Sarah, sweetie it looks to be your turn."

She stood and grabbed her bag, ignoring all the eyes on her. When she gets to the office the secretary points her to Principal Himbry's office. As she walks in she sees Sheriff Burke sitting in a chair against the wall, Dewey, Tatum's brother and deputy standing next to him, and Principal Himbry standing next to the chair she was to sit in.

She inwardly groaned when she saw Principal Himbry standing there, he had always given her the creeps.

"Sarah," Sheriff Burke greeted, "Please take a seat. This will only take a minute."

As she sat down Himbry tried to place his hand on her shoulder but she shrugged him off and scooted as far away from him as the chair would allow.

"How well did you know Casey Becker?" asked the sheriff.

She shrugged, "I knew her but we weren't close. We would talk in passing but I wouldn't say we were friends."

He wrote something down, "What about Steve Orth?"

"He was in a couple of my classes, but its like it was with Casey. I knew him but we weren't close enough to call ourselves friends, he was on the football team with my boyfriend Cole but other than that I don't know much about him" she answered.

"Where were you last night?" he asked.

"I got home from school and I stayed home working on homework all afternoon. Sidney was there and so was my father. They can vouch for me."

He writes a couple of things down before looking at her, "Do you know of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Casey and Steve? Heard any gossip that might have some truth to it?"

"Not that I can think of. Like I said we weren't close enough to consider ourselves friends. If I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know," she said.

He nods, "Well that will be all, if we have any more questions we'll get in touch."

She gets up, "Bye Sheriff. Dewey."

She walks out the door, ignoring Dewey's protest to call him 'Deputy Riley'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------