Chapter Eleven

Sarah reluctantly walked into the sorority mixer with her sister and Hallie

     Sarah reluctantly walked into the sorority mixer with her sister and Hallie. Cole followed behind with Randy and Mickey. As soon as the sorority sisters caught sight of the girls they immediately grabbed onto Sidney and tried to grab onto Sarah who pushed them away with a simple no thanks.

     Instead she makes her way to the kitchen where she sees Randy and Cole making drinks. She grabs Cole's out of his hand before he can take a sip, "Hey!" he shouts.

     When he realizes that it was Sarah he just rolled his eyes and fixes himself another one, "All you had to do was tell me that you wanted a drink and I would have made you one."

     She grins, "The ones you make for me don't taste as good as the ones you make for me."

     Randy snorted, "That's because he doesn't put hardly any alcohol in them because your such a lightweight."

      "Dude!" Cole shouts slapping him on the shoulder.

       She glares at the two, "I'm not a lightweight."

       They both give her a look, "Whatever," she groans.

        She chugs the rest of the drink and grabs Cole's hand, "Let's dance."

        He allows her to pull him out onto the makeshift dancefloor wrapping his arms around her swaying to the music.

        "You look beautiful tonight."

          She smiles at him, "I know, you've told me a hundred times tonight."

           He places his hand on her cheek, "That's because you deserve to be told and I'll tell you again a million times if it that's what it takes to get you believe me."

           He pulls her face towards him and kisses her. She pulls away, "I love you so much."

           "I love you too Sar; more than you know."

            Before they can say anything else someone runs out talking about police at the Omega Beta Zeta house. Sarah and Cole make their way to the front of the house where Sidney and Derek are.

           Derek hugs Sidney from behind, "Come on. Get your jacket. Let's get you home."

           Sidney turns to go back inside to get her jacket, "I'll come with you Sid," Sarah links arms with her. They walk back into the house and make their way to the living room where Sid's jacket is thrown over a chair.

            As they start to walk out the phone begins to ring. Sidney pauses like she wants to answer the phone but Sarah stops her, "Come on Sid. Don't answer it, it's not for us."

           Sidney takes her sisters advise and walks towards the door before stopping and walking back to the phone. Sarah sighs, "Why the hell doesn't anyone listen to me?"

           She follows Sidney back to the phone as her sister picks up, "Hello?"

           She sees her sister tense at the voice on the other end of the phone before asking, "What do you want?"

            She tries to get her sisters attention, to tell her to hang up but she doesn't pay her any attention. Sarah sighs and turns her back to Sidney in time to hear her sister say, "Then why don't you show your face you fucking coward."

              Sidney hangs up the phone but before either sister can make a move a man wearing a Ghostface costume jumps out attacking them. They scream, "Derek", "Cole" but neither man can get to them. The front door has been shut and locked by the killer who lunges for the sisters. Sidney pushes him before grabbing Sarah's hand and pulling her towards the front door. They can hear Cole and Derek yelling for them as they try and open the door.

            The killer rushes towards them with their knife raised, the girls duck and the knife slams into the door, going all the way through. It just narrowly missed hitting Derek who was still trying to get in. The girls turn and run back through the house, Sarah stopping to pick up a vase and hit the killer over the head with it, "Fucker," she grunted.

              They run out the back door and into the arms of Cole and Derek. They immediately scream thinking that some how the killer has made it outside.

             After making sure that both girls are okay they run into the house ignoring the girls calling them back. They hear a struggle from within and before either girl can enter Dewey comes running up.

       "Dewey," Sid calls out, "The killers in there. So are Derek and Cole."

        Dewey runs in and finds Cole laying on the ground in the kitchen with a head wound and Derek in the hallway with a stab wound to the arm. All the sisters can do is stand there and stare at the guys they love lying in their own blood because of them.

       After the ambulances get there and take them to the hospital they are all interviewed about the nights events. Sidney sat in the waiting room with their friends while Sarah sat in Cole's room with him. The doctor said he has a mild concussion and fifteen stitches in his head.

       Dr. Lake sighs, "I want to keep you overnight to make sure that everything is going to be okay. If all goes well you will be discharged sometime tomorrow. That doesn't mean you'll be back at full strength, you'll still need to take things easy for a couple of days."

      Cole nods at the doctors instructions. He bids them goodbye and walks from the room.

       Sarah grabbed his hand and looks at him, "I thought I'd lost you. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

       He squeezes her hand, "I'm not going anywhere. It's going to take a lot more than a bump on the head to get rid of me."

        Before she can answer a nurse comes in and tells her that visiting hours are over and that she can come back in the morning. She kisses him goodbye and walks into the waiting room where she collapses into Sidney's arms, "Why is this happening again?"

         Sid  hugs her, "I don't know Sar. I don't know."

          The detectives walk up to them, "You two are going to have us as a protective detail until this all gets sorted out."

          Sidney nods, "Can we leave now?"

           "Sure. Just give us a moment to talk with the officer that will be staying here with Mr. Thomas and the other officer that will be taking your friends home and then we'll take you two home."

           Sarah looks at Sid, "I don't want to be alone tonight."

           "You won't be. You can stay will Hal and I tonight. We'll just get them to take us by your apartment to get a few things and then we'll go home."

             Sarah just nods, knowing that she'll feel better with her sister close. The entire drive to her apartment she can't help but feel like the next few days are going to be the worst of her life, that what happened in Woodsboro would be child's play compared for what was to come. She just didn't know how right she was.