𓆩 ♡ 𓆪

tw: character death, unhealthy relationship

I sat on the bed, humming a melody. the sound of the door opening caught my attention and I saw dazai. I grinned, approaching him, "Osamu!! I missed you!"

"ah... sorry..

 y/n-chan. a lot has been going on. oda... he passed." he regretfull revealed. my eyes widened as i broke the hug, holding his hands in mine. "oda, your friend?" he nodded sadly. i frowned and hugged him again, tighter this time. "i'm sorry for your loss..osamu.."

"it's alright."

i sat on my bed and he lied his head on my lap. i brushed my fingers through his fluffy hair as he stared at his necklace, deep in thought. "y/n-chan."
"hmm?"

"you've always wanted to go see the outside world, right?"

i hummed again in response, paying more attention to the small braid i was putting in his hair than his words.

"...what if i can make that happen?" he said, sitting up and staring at me.

"h-huh? but how?" i asked, staring at his dark orbs that were unwavering.

his expression was unreadable as he said, "i can do it. you don't belong in this place. your heart is too pure."

shakily, i responded, "b-but what about mori..? he always told me that the outside is dangerous.."

he sighed, holding my hands tightly, "he's lying. this place is more dangerous than anywhere else in the world, specially for someone like you."

i shook my head in denial, "mori would never lie to me! why are you saying this stuff osamu?! he's always .... nice.... to me."

"y/n i'd never lie to you. mori isn't a good man. and... i admit i'm not either. but i want to help you." he said seriously. i stared back at him in uncertainty and he frowned, "ever since that day, i made up my mind. i won't let him keep you forever as his object."

"please consider it. i'll return in an hour and then tell me your answer." he finished and then left the room.