♡ ༘*.゚

more of an information chapter than story ^^ please do not skip! story will continue in the next

2 years have passed since then. me and dazai have successfully been able to lay low all of these years. although i was freed from mori and basically had free will, my paranoia prevented me from leaving the house often. dazai was also not fond of the idea of me being outside alone, so he would only let me leave when he's with me.

i'm still fragile as i was back then, but we found out something new about me. something that even shocked dazai, the genius.

i'm gifted.

the reason dazai was never aware of my ability when we were in the port mafia, despite knowing each other since i was 13 and him 15, is because his ability nullifies all abilities.

the reason mori wanted to have me by his side from the first place is because of my ability. angel's touch, is the name. opposite to what the name suggests, it's not an angel's touch at all. if i activate my ability, everything i touch will decay. since i don't have great control of it yet, despite dazai trying to help me, if i get too emotional i can accidentally activate it and turn things i touch into dust.

mori kept me in that white secluded room so i wouldn't be stressed out and accidentally trigger my ability. it's also why he never revealed to me that i was gifted.

me and dazai learnt of this ability the hard way. it was the day after we left, we finally reached the apartment dazai promised.

i sat ontop of the mattress boredly, listening to the sound of dazai trying to cook eggs in the kitchen. empathis on trying. this man has never entered a kitchen before, and to be honest, neither did i. so he was trying his best now to cook some eggs that he brought from the market. suddenly i felt something sharp tickling my thigh. i moved my leg, but it didn't stop. instead it started going upwards. when i looked down my eyes widened to see a monster on my thigh, trying to devour me. i screamed bloody murder and as i touched it with my hand it turned into dust. i didn't notice that though back then and continued panicking, jumping up but then slipping after my foot got caught up in the cover, that i also touched and began decaying.

dazai rushed to the bedroom, "what??!! what happened??!!!" he yelled, holding a pan in his hand and looking around. until his eyes lied on me, shaking in fear, on the floor, with dust on the floor and the entire mattress gone.

remembering it is kind of funny, though i was actually terrified. that was the first time i ever saw a spider as well.

anyway, dazai laughed at me then helped me figure out that it was an ability that can make anything i touch upon activating decay.

we've been living off of what money dazai stole from the port mafia these past years, which is starting to decrease. we noticed this and became nervous. laying low also means not getting any jobs in case of getting recognized. dazai was very popular as an executive in the mafia. he often appeared in the news as well. that was in the past though, as the media has calmed down about him now, almost like they forgot about him. which leads us to dazai finding a new job.

detective agency or something was the name. they promised him and me safety. the first week dazai didn't trust them, but gradually he did and decided to bring me with him instead of leaving me alone in our apartment.

 the first week dazai didn't trust them, but gradually he did and decided to bring me with him instead of leaving me alone in our apartment

(y/n's outfit ^^ i don't know why putting images in the normal way does not work for me. so i find this a bit awkward and intrusive to my story (༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ) !!!!!!!)