tw: blood, gunshots,  unhealthy relationship

he held out his hand, staring at me with his dark eyes in silence. i contemplated, an hour wasn't enough to think about something that'll completey change my life! i looked around my tiny room and back at dazai. he wore a pokerface, still awaiting my answer. my heartbeat was erratic as i thought back at mori. he was nice to me and bought me dresses he would make me wear. he sometimes does things that can make me uncomfortable, but i know he doesn't mean anything bad with that. he's only touchy because that's how friends are meant to be.

right?

i took a step back, avoiding eyecontact with dazai.

he didn't retreat his hand, instead he took a step closer to me and, "y/n... mori isn't your friend. what he does to you... isn't what a friend would do." he said, as if he read my exact thoughts. my eyes widened and i stared at him. i frowned, clucthing my dress, "o-osamu.. he says he'll find me... i'll never be free..." i cried, feeling overwhelmed and scared.

he retreated his hand and instead put them on my shoulders, pulling me to his chest. i clutched his shirt, soaking it with tears. "i won't let him take you again."

i nodded against his hug, holding his shirt even tighter, "please take me with you..!!"

"finally." he said, smiling against my head. he broke the hug and turned his back to me then crouched, "get on my back. you're too fragile to be able to run a big distance."

when i got on, he held me by my bare thighs, lifting me up so i wouldn't fall. i put my hands around his chest and then he exit the room. immediately the smell of blood hit my nose and i grimaced. i looked around, taking in the dark hallway. this was my first time outside of the room. when i looked to my right my eyes widened, two guards lied on the ground, gunshot wounds on their foreheads. so that's where the smell was coming from. "oi, get off for a sec." i heard dazai say as he let go of my thighs. i let go of him in confusion, my bare feet hitting the cold and dirty floor.

he took off his coat and handed it to me, "wear this to conceal your identity."

i nodded and put on his coat, which was absolutely huge on me. i got on his back again. dazai ran through a bunch of hallways, no guards we ran past seemed to suspect a thing, only looked weird at me and dazai. "it'll only be so long until they realize what's going on," he said, taking a sudden right and slamming a door open. there was an elevator and emergency stairs. he went to the elevator and clicked the button, putting me down in the process. i saw him impatiently tapping his feet. when the elevator arrived he dragged me in by my hand and clicked P.

i stared at myself in the mirror. my long hair was a bit messy and his dark coat basically covered majority of my body. my white dress was peeking out a little from the front. i lifted my hand up to see that it was completely lost in the sleeve. i swung it around, finding the long sleeves funny. i stopped when dazai's phone rung. "shit..." he cursed under his breath when he saw who called him. i looked at him in concern.

he didn't answer the caller, instead he crushed his phone under his leg and motioned for me to get on his back. when i did he said, "they found us out. i'm guessing they saw us in the cameras... i should've been more careful."

i put my cheek against his back, cuddling into him, "will we be ok?"

"yes, i'll protect you." he said. the elevator finally reached it's destination and opened the doors. immediately dazai ran out, "there's an exit really close here... well it's a window but that's the safest option since were floor level anyway."

i nodded agains this back and he continued running. suddenly someone began shooting from behind us. dazai did his best dodging, but he got me in the leg. i squeezed dazai and shut my eyes in pain, trying my hardest not to scream out.

"oi you shot the girl! mori told us not to hurt her!"

"s-sorry! it's hard to aim because he's carrying her!" some guards bickered. dazai took that distraction as a chance to slam a door open. he put me down and put a chair against the door. then he rushed towards a window and helped me up, "wait for me i'll be right there in a sec." he said and i nodded, jumping out. i carefully set my legs on the harsh concrete ground and let go of the window, letting my full weight down. immediately i fell to my knees, cursing softly. the blood from my wound tickled down my right leg. i panted loudly, trying not to scream in pain. sweat formed in my forehead, the wound hurt so bad that i couldn't even say a word if i wanted to. suddenly the sounds of a lot of gunshots going off caught my attention. i looked at the window in worry but was immediately reliefed when dazai jumped out. his eyes widened when he looked at my form that was sitting on the ground in pain. "c'mon, just a little longer. we're out of the base already!" he said, pulling me up. my breath hitched when i stood on the leg but dazai caught me before i could fall. he put his hands under my knees and back and then carried me bridal style. "over there!" we heard a man shout.

dazai wasted no seconds and immediately began running the opposite direction from the voice.

bullets were fired but this time dazai dodged them. he ran through an empty alleyway until he ended up in the public. citizens stared at us in confusion and concern. dazai panting for air and me injured in the leg. "they won't be stupid enough to follow us out here without orders so we're safe for a little," he grunted, hands beginning to ache. i nodded slowly and he continued walking.

he took me somewhere empty and set me down on a bench chair. he ripped his shirt and turned it into a bandage, wrapping it around my wound to stop the bleeding temporarily. "i'll treat your wound soon. i already prepared an apartment we can hide in and lay low." i nodded tearfully.

"i'm sorry osamu.." i said quietly.

"you're not the one who needs to apologize here, y'know." he chuckled, patting my head. "the apartment is a bit far, so let's begin walking now."

he put his hands out and i shook my head, "you're tired! you can't carry me any further, osamu!"

he rolled his eyes playfully, "you really think i'm that weak?"

i shook my head again, eyes wide, "n-no that's not what i mean-!"

he laughed, "it's fine, y/n-chan. you're as light as a feather, stop worrying so much~"

i finally nodded and he carried me up, on his back this time. i cuddled into him. it was now i noticed the beautiful sunset in the sky. the orange light shone on us and the wheather was comfortably warm. it felt really nice, breathing fresh air for the first time in more than 10 years.

tears started forming in my eyes again, wetting dazai's shirt further. i cried softly against him and he chose not to comment about it and instead continued walking in silence.

it's a nice feeling to be free.