⩇⩇:⩇⩇

tw: SA, mori, unhealthy stuff, Elise looks like y/n in this story, obsession, yandere. nothing goes into detail, but it can be uncomfortable to read

his worst nightmare has happened.

shakily, holding the phone close to his ear as he heard the voice of ogai mori on the phone. his heart was beating in his throat, making him unable to spit out any words in return. anything at all. anything. just beg. just a single word- please don't do it-

"you remember what you did to me.. that day..?"

of course he did. he remembers it clearly. the day-

"you took her away from me, knowing she was my most prized possession."

he knew how much she meant to him. he knew. whenever he was finished for the day, he'd always head to the girls room. hell, he even made Elise look like her. but dazai never cared-

"do you want to hear her voice?"

he gulped, shakily nodding his head even though mori wasn't able to see it. the older man laughed, not needing an answer to the phone to know what he was doing.

"of course you do, well I'm feeling nice."

silence sounded for a minute, before a softer voice sounded on the phone. his eyes widened-

"osamu... osamu!!!" she sobbed and he felt his heart break.

"..y-y/n.." he managed to force out but shakily and quietly. his grip tightened on the phone that it could almost break, yet that didn't matter to him.

"he's gonna kill me... he's gonna kill me when he's done..." she continued, sobbing loudly as he shook his head, "n-no.. ill be there. just wait. just a few minutes ... I'll be there right now.." dazai tried reassuring her, but it felt like he was partially reassuring himself as well. "it'll be okay it'll be okay."

"no..no... he's gonna... he's gonna do it to me again.." she choked out between sobs.

he stared at the phone, allowing her words to register in his mind for a moment as her sobs echoed from the phone.

"do what? what are you talking about?" he asked, hand no longer shaking. he couldn't even feel or hear his heartbeat anymore. a ringing sound went through his head as he continued staring at the phone.

"he's gonna... he's gonna t...tou-" she was cut off, the noise of something slamming against a surface sounded and a sigh from mori.

"there she goes, exposing my surprise that I was saving till the end. but it's as she says, you can stay on the call if you want, and listen. I won't blame you, isn't her voice so sweet?" he mocked, laughing loudly.

"shut up.. shut the fuck up... ill be there.. and when i find you you're fucking dead.." dazai muttered.

"oh you can try, but the moment you step inside the port mafia her brains are blown.

if I can't have her. no one can, dazai. the choice is up to you."

his heart dropped to his stomach, and he no longer felt like he could breathe. mori continued talking about whatever, occasionally laughing loudly but he couldn't focus on his words anymore.

the phone fell out of his hands, and he fell to his knees, clutching his hair as sweat formed in his face and tickled down his cheek.

he knew he shouldn't have let you leave. he knew he shouldn't have let you leave by your own. he should've just went with you, not listened to kunikida's or anyone else's words. they wouldn't understand, since they never knew of who was looking for you. but that doesn't matter. it doesn't. it doesn't. it doesn't.

he can't live without her. he can't go on without her.

"osamu..! OSAMU!!!" she shrieked and he immediately picked up the phone.

"y/n.. y/n.." he gasped out.

"DAZAI! WAKE UP YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT!!!"

dazai jumped up from his seat, panting loudly. he was sweaty, and his eyes were wide.

he frantically looked around, seeing himself in the ADA. beside him stood kunikida who was ready to scold him. rampo was still leaning on the table tiredly. yosano was typing in her computer while tanizaki was going over some papers. kenji was sleeping, probably having finished his paperwork already.

immediately dazai reached to his pocket, looking at his phone and recent calls. nothing from mori, or any unusual numbers.

he turned to kunikida, a panicked look on his face, making the blond man blink in surprise, "where is y/n?"

kunikida raised an eyebrow, "she left 10 minutes ago to the store.. you good?"

dazai set his phone down and rushed out of the building, paying no attention to the voices of his colleagues calling out to him.

he ran and ran, until he bumped into a shorter figure. before the girl could fall on her butt, he held her hand. immediately he realized who it was and he pulled her into a tight hug.

"osamu? why are you here?" she said against his chest, but reciprocated the hug.

he pressed his head against her neck, inhaling her scent for reassurance, "you're here.."

"u-uh.. yeah.. what happened? are you okay..?"

he didn't answer, only desperately held her in his arms tightly, as if he let go, she'd slip out of his grasp.

they stood in silence for a moment before he let go of her, staring at her with tired eyes.

she frowned, putting the grocery bags in one hand and reaching her free hand to his cheek, caressing it softly. "if you're not feeling well I can ask fukuzawa if he can let us have the day off."

he shook his head, snuggling his cheek into her hand, "no.. it's fine. sorry to worry you."

she smiled, "let's go back, osamu!"

he nodded quietly, taking the bags and holding her hand tightly.

"oh! you won't believe what I bumped into! there was this boy with white hair! he said he was being chased by a white tiger.. I felt really bad for him so I bought him some onigiri." she said, "that's unusual, though. I never knew white tigers existed in this part of Japan. or even Japan at all..."

dazai smiled, "they don't exist in Japan, my belladonna. he was probably on drugs."

"d-drugs..?!" she panicked as the man laughed.

his heart felt at ease when he was around her. he felt like he could actually breathe. seeing her interact freely and happily like this warms his hollow and empty heart. it makes him feel emotions he never thought he could ever experience again.

he wanted to hold onto her, forever. and he doesnt know if he can take the thought of her leaving his sight once more. not after that nightmare.

(♡ˊ͈ ꒳ ˋ͈) I'm just using this book as an outlet. don't worry it will get fluffy to balance the angst !!!!

Republished: I have nothing to say other than it's back ( ;∀;)............