ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ

tw: unhealthy relationship + dynamic, yandere, dazai being a meanie to kunikida

"YOU MORON! WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?!!" kunikida yelled, "DO YOU KNOW THAT I WAS FORCED TO WORK ON YOUR PAPERWORK??!!!"

dazai smiled, sitting down on the couch and pulling me on top of his lap, "gee, really kunikida-kun? I never knew you were so caring."

kunikida's face was red with anger as he pointed a finger at dazai, "DON'T TRY TO USE HER TO PROTECT YOURSELF! I'LL BEAT YOUR ASS ANYWAY!"

dazai gasped, "You hit women, kunikida-kun?! im so surprised.. and disappointed.."

I watched as kunikida's posture faltered as he yelled out that he didn't, and he'd catch dazai when he's alone.

I turned to look at dazai, who noticed my sudden attention at him and turned his head towards me.

bonk

"You told me that kunikida-san wouldn't mind...!" I stressed, feeling bad for kunikida.

"i'm sorry y/n-chan.. I won't repeat it! forgive me!" dazai said dramatically. I smiled and turned back to kunikida, "it's okay, now that you apologized."

but what she didn't know was the face dazai was making at kunikida, which made the blond haired man angrier by the second and itching for the urge to beat dazai to a pulp.

the agency noticed the 'couples' strange dynamic. it was particularly rampo, who was the one (along with fukuzawa) that knew of their pasts that thought most about it. the rest of the agency only considered it strange that someone like dazai would have so much affection to someone like y/n. they were polar opposites in every aspect that you'd think their motives and opinions would clash.

which they would, and dazai is aware of that, which is why he's always careful of revealing his true self and thoughts to her.

both rampo and dazai knew that if she finds out about the true thoughts that go through his sick mind, she'd immediately become disgusted and in fear of him.

rampo was never one to meddle, though, and instead allowed their relationship to continue playing as dazai manipulated it. it's none of his business anyway, and it's probably a drag to deal with the aftermath of appropriating the business of someone else's relationship.

the self-proclaimed world's best detective watched as dazai lazily sat on the couch, listening to music while watching y/n draw something on a paper he snatched from kunikida. the shorter girl was sitting beside him, paying most of her attention to the drawing but kicking dazai's leg whenever he'd get close to annoy her.

even their aesthetics were polar opposite, dazai was dazai while y/n looked like cotton candy. a weird comparison, sure... but it's rampo we're talking about! and he's hungry.

they both looked so innocent at that moment, that he almost let it slip his mind of y/n's deadly ability and dazai's even deadlier true past. at first sight you'd never be able to guess what they're hiding behind their facades of joy.

"dazai....!"

the said man didn't move, still paying attention to the girl beside him who was almost finished with her drawing.

"dazai."

this time y/n noticed, putting her pen down and lifting her head up, but dazai didn't notice still.

"dazai!"

she turned to dazai worriedly, trying to motion for him to remove his headphones but the man didn't catch on.

"DAZAI!!!!" and with that, kunikida slammed dazai to the ground. dazai screamed as kunikida stomped on him, yelling profanities at him.

y/n watched in shock, she almost leapt to use her ability on kunikida but before dazai fell he pushed her hand away from the blond man.

suddenly she felt bad, and embarrassed. she's been trying to get used to kunikida beating her friend up half to death so that she wouldn't use her ability on him out of instinct, but she always finds herself one step away from turning him into dust. the blond man rarely noticed though, because dazai was always there to stop it before it was too late.

"WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING, DUMBASS?! YOU SAID YOU'D TAKE ON Y/N'S PAPERWORK AS WELL BUT YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN WITH YOURS!" kunikida yelled, kicking dazai who grunted in pain, trying to stand up but being kicked back down again.

"k-kunikida-kun! you're so brutal..! not in front of... y/n...!" dazai tried to reason, but the blond man didn't care about what was coming out of his mouth.

y/n sat back down and watched as kunikida kicked him a few more times before moving on and sighing tiredly. dazai slowly stood up, hunched over as he held his stomach in pain.

she pulled at his jacket, making him turn to her. y/n motioned for him to crouch to her height, which he did, and she put her hands on his hair. fixing it and adjusting his loosening shirt. the ex-mafioso smiled, feeling her hands on his hair.

when she finished he walked off to the table, to start working on his paperwork even though he dreaded working on it the most.

rampo turned his head back to his paperwork that was almost finished, but he was too hungry to care about doing it all.

"im so hungryyy...." he whined, putting his head on the table as his stomach growled.

the agency members turned to their detective, watching as he complained over and over again. suddenly he sat up, turning to the pink girl, "I know! y/n-chan! how about you go and buy me something to eat?"

the girl twitched in surprise, "m-me?"

he nodded happily, "yeah! since everyone else is doing their paperwork.."

dazai frowned, stepping in, "ill go get it, let her stay in here."

kunikida immediately turned to him, holding him by the neck, "oh no you don't.. you're gonna stay here until you finish that paperwork!!!"

dazai frowned, a genuine frown as he tried removing kunikida's hands from around his bandaged neck, "i'll work on it when I'm done-"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU ALWAYS SAY, YOU WASTE OF BANDAGES! NOW SIT DOWN AND WRITE!"

dazai sat down in defeat, sighing.

y/n blinked at the interaction before saying, "it's okay osamu, I'll get him his stuff and come back. the convenience store isn't far from here anyway."

dazai stared at her for a moment, eyes void of emotion as he thought of all the negative possibilities that could come out of her leaving alone.

he sighed once more, "you promise to take the close one, yeah?"

she nodded, putting her paper down before approaching him. he handed her a spare phone and some money, "call me if something happens." he whispered.

rampo grinned, "bring me poky, chips, gummy bears and red bean filled mochi~"

y/n nodded, waving at the boy before heading out.