Studying in Cloud Recesses ( II )

Lan WangJi did not look at Wei WuXian. He nodded to indicate respect and spoke in a monotonous voice, " First, liberate; second, suppress; third, eliminate. The initial approach is to utilize the gratitude of his relatives and grant his dying wish, set free what he could not let go of. If it fails, suppress it. If the crimes were extremely wrongful, and its energy of resentment does not dissipate, exterminate it completely. The cultivation world should precisely keep to this order of measures. No errors should be allowed."

Everyone let out a long breath thanking the Heavens because Lan WangJi was the one the old man selected. Else if it was their turn, it would be hard to not overlook a few steps or mix up the order. Lan QiRen nodded with satisfaction, " Not a single mistake was made." With a pause, he spoke again, " No matter in terms of cultivation or as a person, one needs to be as solid as this. If one becomes complacent and proud just because they defeated a few simple mountain beings in their home and hold some empty reputations one would definitely bring disgrace upon themselves, sooner or later."

Wei WuXian raised his brows and took a look at the side of Lan WangJi's face. He thought, ' so, apparently this old man meant it for me. He called his best pupil to listen with us in order for me to watch. '

He spoke, " I have a question."

Lan QiRen replied, " Speak."

Wei WuXian, " Although 'liberation' comes first, it is often impossible. ' To grant his dying wish' sounds simple—it would be easy, if the wish was a new piece of clothing, but what if the wish was to kill lots of people for revenge? "

Lan WangJi, " Thus, suppression assists liberation. If it is necessary, elimination would also follow."

Wei WuXian smiled, " Such a waste." He paused, and continued, " It wasn't that I didn't know of this answer, I was only thinking of a fourth path."

Lan QiRen spoke, " I have never heard of any fourth paths."

Wei WuXian spoke, " Because the executioner died in such a way, it is only natural that he turned into a ferocious corpse. Since he executed more than one hundred people before he died, why not dig up the graves of these people, arouse their energy of resentment, collect the heads of those hundred people, and use them to fight with the ferocious corpse..."

Lan WangJi finally turned around to look at him. His brows were knit, still expressionless. Lan QiRen was so angered that his goatee was quivering. He shouted, " How dare you! "

Everyone in the room was stunned. Lan QiRen sprang to his feet, " The essence of exorcising demons and annihilating ghosts is to liberate! You do not study the methods of liberation, and even think about increasing their energy of resentment! You reverse the natural order, and ignore ethics and morality! "

Wei WuXian replied, " There are some things that have no use after liberation, so why not find a way to make use of them? When Yu the Great tamed the flood, obstruction was the inferior method, and redirection was the superior. Suppression is the same as obstruction, so isn't it inferior..." Lan QiRen hurled a book toward him but he flinched to the side and avoided it which hit Nie Huaisang's forehead, Jin Jing try not to laugh. His expression remained unchanged and continued to talk nonsense, " Spiritual energy is energy; resentful energy is energy as well. Spiritual energy is stored in the dantian. It can split mountains and fill oceans, available for human use. If so, then why can't resentful energy also be used by humans? "

Another book came flying from Lan QiRen. He spoke harshly, " Then, let me ask you again! How do you make sure that the resentful energy only listens to you and does not harm others? "

Wei WuXian ducked while speaking, " I haven't thought of it yet! "

Lan QiRen raged, " If you thought of it, the cultivation world would not allow your existence! Get out! "