Emperor Smile/Punishment

Wei WuXian bought a bunch of quirky gadgets in Caiyi Town and took them back to the Cloud Recesses. After he arrived, everything was shared between the disciples from other sects. Because Lan QiRen went to Qinghe and there were no classes for a few days, all of the boys played around in complete chaos, rushing into Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng's room to sleep there. All through the nights, they ate, drank, wrestled, gambled, and viewed picture books. During one of the nights, Wei WuXian lost in a game of dice, and was sent to sneak down the mountain and buy jars of Emperor's Smile. This time, everyone finally had the chance to satisfy their taste buds except Jin Jing who is forced to stay back by his angry older brother. However, on the second day, before daylight even appeared someone opened the door of the room revealing the disciples who spread out on the floor in a tangle sleeping as if they were a group of corpses.

The noise from opening the door startled a few people. As they saw the stone-faced Lan WangJi at the door through their sleepy eyes, they were instantly waken up. Nie HuaiSang furiously pushed Wei WuXian who ended up in a position with his legs at the top and head at the bottom, " Wei-xiong! Wei-xiong! "

Having been shoved for a few times, Wei WuXian spoke drowsily, " Who? Is anyone else up for it?! Jiang Cheng? The fight is on—like I'm scared of you! "

Jiang Cheng drank too much last night and his head still ached as he lay on the ground with his eyes closed. He randomly grabbed something and hurled it at where Wei WuXian's voice came from, " Shut up! "

The object landed on Wei WuXian's chest, its pages flipping open. Nie HuaiSang eyed it only to find that the item Jiang Cheng used to hit Wei WuXian was one of his treasured out-of-print illustrated pornography books. As he looked up and saw Lan WangJi's frigid gaze, he almost died on the spot. Wei WuXian mumbled a few sentences hugging the book to his chest and went to sleep again. Lan WangJi stepped into the room. He used one hand to grip Wei WuXian's back collar, lifted him up and dragged him in the direction of the door.

After a few puzzled moments as he was carried by Lan WangJi, he was finally half-awake. He turned around, " Lan Zhan, what are you doing? "

Lan WangJi didn't say any words continuing to drag him forward. Wei WuXian woke up a bit more along with the lying corpses on the ground who gained consciousness one after another. Seeing that Wei WuXian was caught by Lan WangJi again, he hurried outside and asked, " What's happening? What are you doing? "

Lan WangJi turned his head, speaking one word at a time, " To receive. His. Punishment."

Jiang Cheng had a slow reaction from his sleep and drinking too much so he just remembered the mess of a floor in the room. Recalling that they broke a countless number of sect rules of the Cloud Recesses last night, his face immediately froze.

Lan WangJi dragged Wei WuXian to the front of the Lan Sect's ancestral hall. There were already a few older disciples of the Lan Sect waiting there, eight in total. Of them, four carried discipline rulers made of sandalwood which were extremely long in length having numerous square-shaped characters carved onto them. It was a solemn-looking scene, indeed. As Lan WangJi dragged the person over, two of them immediately came up, firmly holding Wei WuXian in place. Wei WuXian half-knelt on the ground being allowed no room for struggle, " Lan Zhan, are you going to punish me? "

Lan WangJi stared at him coldly maintaining his silence.

Wei WuXian spoke, " I won't accept this."

At this point, the boys who had woken up also rushed over even Jin Jing when he heard the news but they were blocked outside the ancestral hall not allowed to go in. They scratched their heads, Jin Jing scared speechless from seeing the discipline ruler. Then however Lan WangJi lifted the bottom of his white clothes and knelt down beside Wei WuXian.