Fights Breakout

After Lan QiRen left Qinghe and returned to Gusu, he didn't make Wei WuXian go to the Library Pavilion to copy the Lan Sect's sect rules again but simply gave him a harsh scolding in front of everyone. Without the parts where he quoted ancient scriptures it all boiled down to how he had never seen someone so unruly and shameless before so please get lost as soon and as far as possible. Please don't go near the other pupils and especially refrain from tainting his favorite one—Lan WangJi.

As he scolded, Wei WuXian only grinned while listening feels no humiliation or anger at all. Immediately after Lan QiRen left, Wei WuXian sat down and spoke to Jiang Cheng, " Don't you think that it's a bit too late, telling me to get lost now? He only told me to get lost after I finished tainting his person. It's too late! "

The waterborne abyss in Caiyi Town created a great deal of trouble for the GusuLan Sect. It was impossible to completely destroy it and the Lan Sect couldn't chase it to somewhere else like the Wen Sect did. The sect leader of the Lan Sect was in secluded meditation most of the time so Lan QiRen used all of his energy on this matter. With the lessons becoming shorter and shorter, Wei WuXian's time spent with his friends in the mountains became longer and longer.

Today, Wei WuXian intended on going outside with a group of seven or eight people again. As they passed the Lan Sect's Library Pavilion, he looked through the drape of magnolia branches, and he could just about see Lan WangJi sitting alone by the window.

Nie HuaiSang spoke in a puzzled tone, " Is he looking at us? That's strange. We didn't make too much noise, so why does he still look at us like that? "

Wei WuXian, " He's probably thinking of how to find faults with us."

Jiang Cheng interrupted, " Wrong. Not 'us', but 'me'. I think the only person he's watching is you."

Wei WuXian, " Heh. Just let him wait. I'll deal with him after I get back."

Jiang Cheng, " Don't you dislike how he's boring and how he's not fun? Then, you should stop teasing him. This is like pulling whiskers from a tiger's mouth—stop looking for your own death."

Wei WuXian replied, " No. It's exceptionally fun, precisely because of how a living person can be so not fun. "

They only returned to the Cloud Recesses when the time almost reached noon. Lan WangJi sat before the desk organizing the stack of paper which he wrote on as heard a creaking noise coming from the window. He looked up to see someone hop inside.

Wei WuXian came up by climbing the magnolia tree outside of the Library Pavilion. His face was beaming, " Lan Zhan, I'm back! Did you miss me? Huh? Without me copying texts for these past few days? "

Lan WangJi seemed like an old monk in a state of meditation seeing everything as nothing. He even continued to organize the pile of books with a numb expression. Wei WuXian deliberately misinterpreted his silence, " I know, even if you don't say it, that you definitely missed me. Or else, earlier on, why did you look at me through the window? "

Lan WangJi immediately shot him a glance, his eyes full of silent accusations. Wei WuXian sat atop the windowsill, " Look at you, rising to the bait after just a few sentences. You're so easy to catch. This way, you won't be able to maintain your composure. "

Lan WangJi, " You, leave."

Wei WuXian, " If I don't leave, will you throw me down? "

Looking at Lan WangJi's face, Wei WuXian suspected that if he spoke one more sentence, Lan WangJi would really abandon the small amount of self-restraint he had left and nail him onto the window at once. Wei WuXian quickly added, " Don't be so scary! I'm here to apologize by giving you a present. "