Love and Thunder ❤️

Request by Aounete
Warnings: none
Word count: 806

"Really Robin?" Steve grumbled, glaring at her. "Yes. Your crush on him is ridiculous, and I'm tired of waiting for you to confess." They were in the car, driving to Eddie's trailer. Robin had planned a movie night for the three of them, and then pulled out last minute, claiming she had a big project due, so now it was going to be just Eddie and Steve, alone in his trailer. "What if he's straight?" He asked. "Sorry?" She fought a laugh. "Ok, but what if he doesn't like me? What if I'm not his type?" "Then at least you'll get over your pining, and I'm pretty sure he likes you too." She pulled into the trailer park. Steve scratched the back of his neck nervously as he got out of the car. "How do I look?" He asked, fiddling with his hair. "You look fine Steve, now get out there and shoot your shot." She pushed him towards the porch. Before he could change his mind, she got into the car and drove off, leaving him to fend for himself in the late April chill. It was only 5pm, but dark clouds covered the sky. A storm was on its way.

He took a deep breath and walked up the steps, standing in front of Eddie's door and knocking lightly, running a hand through his hair one more time and smelling himself. Finally, the door opened, and a smirking Eddie leaned against the doorframe. "Where's your little bird?" He asked nonchalantly, checking to see if she was behind him. "Robyn? She couldn't make it, school work.... You know?" Steve mentally face palmed, but Eddie just shrugged, letting him into the trailer. "Just us then." "Yup. Just us." Steve blushed awkwardly. "Wanna watch movies in my room? My uncle will be home soon, and he'll want to watch the evening news." Eddie closed the door and Licked his lips. "Sure." Steve hung his coat up and followed the other boy to his room. It was cleaner than he thought, with band and movie posters covering the walls. Eddie's guitar hung beside his mirror, which was covered in photos, soft music played from a stereo on top of the dresser, and his bed was  made bed with dark blue bed sheets. The only thing that suggested anyone even lived there was the pack of cigarettes and small pile of porn magazines on the nightstand.

There was a small TV beside the stereo, and Eddie opened a drawer and scanned through his VHS tapes. "What do you wanna watch?" "Whatcha got?" "Mostly horror movies. How about Nightmare On Elm Street?" He asked. "Anything less creepy?" He didn't want to seem like a wuss, but rain had begun to patter the windows, and he doubted watching a horror movie in a storm was a good idea, If he wanted to sleep for the next week. "What about The Black Cauldron?" "That works." Steve took off his shoes and sat awkwardly on the bed. Eddie put the VHS in, and the opening credits started to play. He ran and lept onto the bed, and both boys laughed.

Half an hour In, thunder shook the sky outside, and Steve noticed Eddie watching the window fearfully. "You ok?" "Ah! Ya, I'm good." He sighed and crawled under his blankets. Steve looked at him nervously, and Eddie smiled warmly. He crawled under the covers too, slowly scooting closer to the other boy. Eddie seems oblivious, still watching the window nervously. A little while passed, and the metal-head seemed to relax a little. Then, a strike of lightning lit up the room for a split second, and Eddie whimpered, instinctively climbing into Steve's lap and burying his face in his sweatshirt. Steve gasped, blush creeping up his face. But he stayed still, rubbing Eddie's back comfortingly.

Eddie's eyes widened, launching himself to the other side of the bed. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-" he was interrupted by Steve cupping his face and leaning close to him. He blushed, too stunned for words as Steve looked at his lips. "Kiss me..." he whispered quietly. Steve obeyed, kissing him softly. He pulled away, feeling suddenly shy. "Was that ok?" He asked, letting go of Eddie's face and looking away nervously. "Ya Steve, that was great." "Really?" Before he could answer. Lightning struck again, and wind whipped against the window. Eddie yelped, his hands shaking. "Hey, it's ok. You're safe, I'm here." Steve whispered, pulling him back into his lap. The long-haired boy sighed in relief, relaxing into Steve's arms.

The storm went on all night, but Eddie felt safe, easily falling asleep in Steve's arms. And after that day, he was still scared of thunderstorms, but he only had to find comfort in his boyfriend's arms, and they didn't seem half as bad.

Have a good day :)