The Other Side of the Glass

It must have been a few weeks now. Since Jimmy had found what was Lurking underneath the still water of his prison. And since then there had been little interference from the demon, there had only been little battles that had ended quickly as Jimmy used the water around him to increase the water pressure underneath the deep.

Jimmy wasn't sure how the water pressure would effect the demon. He had done a bit of research on the deep dea in his free time. But he was sure it wasn't good. There had been scientists that were intrigued by the deep once. Jimmy had met them when he was but a humble fisherman before he had any knowledge of his heritage or even the thought of starting an Empire. They had talked to him about how they wanted to find what was at the bottom of the trench on the outside of the village waters. They had complained once about how much trouble they had with their machinery breaking in itself before they hit the bottom. Making the scientists need to upgrade all of their machines to be able to handle the pressure. Jimmy was not foolish enough to assume that a few tons of water could have Xornoth wiped out. He was sure the demon was planning something he was waiting for Jimmy to let down his guard and then he would strike! Unfortunately for him Jimmy wasn't going to let that happen! After all, he was the last line (the only) of defence before Xornoth was free! He wasn't going to let anyone down.

How was everyone? Information about anyone but Joey was very hard to come by and even then it's always Joey just insulting them. So it wasn't helpful in the slightest. Jimmy needed out from this hellscape! It was so boring there was nothing to do but attuned to the yanks from the demon below.

The Cod wondered if he could see more of the empires using that weird spell? Jimmy wasn't that sure what to call it. For all he could know it could easily not even be a spell it could just be some weird knack that the mirror just had. It didn't really matter at the moment thinking about what could happen then Jimmy could chicken out of it. Plus if he was in this mirror for any longer he would go crazy. So Jimmy let his mind drift off, letting it be consumed by the falling snow of Rivendell. Jimmy opened his eyes to find nothing. He let out a confused gasp "What the heck!" What did he do wrong! He was pretty sure that all he did to Lizzies base! But on close inspection Jimmy found something odd. Everything was blurry.

Jimmy was pretty sure that was not normal. What happened was it frost? Was that why everything was so blurry? But why did that even affect him? Was he frozen? No, that can't be right the mirror was at Joey's in the jungle which was one of the warmest empires so being frozen was out of the question.

Was Rivendell frozen? Which all and all isn't strange at all but Jimmy was pretty sure it was summer did something happen? Did something happen to Scott? Jimmy remembered Scott talking about him getting ice powers suddenly, he remembered Scott saying that they were controlled by his emotions. Could that be the reason? A deep sense of dread filled him at the thought of it.

Jimmy moved forward towards the frost only to find himself noticeably different then before. Before at least he could see the burly outline of buildings, but now he could see nothing but a monochrome show of white and grey. Was that… the sky? Was he stuck in 2D or something?! Why did his world view change so much from so little movement? Jimmy tried to wrap his head around what could have happened. He quickly came to one conclusion that made at least some sense to him. That he was somehow trapped in a reflection. If his theory was true then it would make sense why he could shift his world view he was changing reflections. But then at Lizzies… Why could he move so freely? What changed from the Ocean Empire to Rivendell?

Just then it hit Jimmy like a pile of bricks. The roofs! The Ocean Empire is known for its impressive architecture and in particular its coral roofs. They looked amazing but a downside is that they were very leaky. Jimmy couldn't even remember how many times he had slipped on them walking the place. And not only that Jimmy remembered that it was raining a bit that day. That must have made it so Jimmy could move without being shifted around! And in Rivendell there was barely any water in the first place, and all of the reflective materials like glass/water had been frozen over, that must be why they were blurry!

Jimmy couldn't help but puff his chest out a little from his discovery. Now he knew how this mirror dimension worked, he could exploit it! Now he needed to try and find Scott somewhere in this winter wonderland.

As Jimmy took the first few steps a huge rumble shook the mirror to its very core. As Jimmy staggered to keep his balance the reflection of Rivendell collapsed in on itself throwing Jimmy back into the normal mirror. Jimmy wanted to scream in frustration he was so close! And now he was welcomed by the view of Joey shaking the mirror.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" Joey sang. He was really going for the Disney vibes now. I mean who wouldn't when you've got a magical talking mirror.

"Not you," Jimmy replied in a flat tone. Was it childish? Yes, but Jimmy didn't have anything better to say and even then any answer other than 'you your majesty' probably would have upset him just as much.

The screech that Joey let out was nothing short of a dying pig. Jimmy wouldn't have been surprised if the mirror broke from how high pitched it was.

"Then who is????! If it's Zor Zor then maybe I'll forgive you!"

"Scott Smajor is the fairest of them all"

"...."

"WHAT!!?!?!" 

Jimmy listened in glee as Joey was fuming. Small giggles escaped him watching Joey being put into so much jeopardy over his answer.

"THAT- THAT! POOR EXCUSE FOR A RULER OVER- ZOR ZOR??!" "AND I THOUGHT MAGIC MIRRORS WOULD HAVE AT LEAST HAVE TASTE!" "IS CLEAR WHO THE BETTER PRINCE IS!"

All of it was going into one ear and out the other. Jimmy was overwhelmed with so many words that it was hard to think over Joeys yells. But one thing was pretty clear. Holy moly Joey was too far gone. Too deep in his simping to think that Xornoth was maybe not the best person on earth.

And all Jimmy did was add fuel to the fire. Talking back and forth doing everything in his power to annoy Joey. To be in control.

Until he hit the breaking point.

"That's it!" Joey screamed, slamming his feet on the ground silencing Jimmy. "You're just some fraud! You are NOT magic at all!"

Joey stormed over anger still fresh on his face and grabbed the mirror in a harsh grip as he jumped out of his bedroom window and flew across his empire and into the oak tree forest.

And for the first time since he had been kidnapped by Joey. Jimmy had truly felt scared. Honestly most of the time he came off as some weird anime villain like Team Rocket. You just couldn't take them seriously no matter what they could say. But now… Joey was quiet apart from his occasional whisper. A face of anger was firmly placed upon his face letting no other emotions shine though.

'Was Joey going to destroy the mirror?! Would that free me or… Kill me?'

….

The longer Jimmy waited the more his anxiety grew. He had been flying for at least 10 minutes now. They had gone past the oak tree forest long ago and were now above a plains biome. 'What was he going to do?'

Jimmy did have to wait long before his thoughts were cut off by the sound of rushing wind. Joey was quickly getting smaller and smaller.

Was he… Falling?

Did Joey drop him? Is that why they went so far out?

Before Jimmy could come to a better conclusion there was a sickening Crack as Jimmy felt a searing pain all throughout his body.