3: Begging and a new Companion

Y/N POV:

We walked up a nearby hill, and we saw an RV park with several families eating burgers and hot dogs. There were also several kids playing, which brought back some bad memories.

"There's your antidote. Food. Go on, use your dog face. This is gonna be beautiful," I smiled, sitting down. But the male dog just gave me a confused look. "You know, beg," I said, but he still looked confused. "Do the dog face!" I said turning toward him.

"What..? The dog face? What does that mean?" Bolt asked.

"Figures I'm tied to the one dog on Earth who doesn't know how to beg. Okay, if you want the fo... The antidote, you're gonna have to do exactly what I do," I said, Bolt sighed.

"No. Not likely. You're a degenerate creature of darkness," he rejected.

"Yeah, yeah. Granted. But that said, all I'm asking you to do is just tilt your head a little. You can do that, can't you? Come on," Bolt tilted his head slightly. "More. More," I said, as he tilted his head a little more before stopping his head moving.

"This is stupid," he said, shaking it.

"No, no, no, come on. Work with me on this, please. You're almost there," I said, moving my head the same way.

"Oh boy," Bolt said before moving his head.

"Okay, try it the other way," I said, turning my head in the opposite direction. As he did the same.

"There we go. Tilt up," I said.

"Down," I changed as Bolt frowned slightly.

"Now a little smile," I said, he smiled almost too widely.

"Lose the smile," I regretted.

"Drop your left ear," I said, and he dropped his right one. "Your other left," I corrected, as he dropped his left ear. "Okay, the other way was better. Now drop them both," he did so.

"Hold it. Right there. And now, ever so slightly, look up," I said as he looked up. He looked so adorable, wait focus Y/N.

"Soup is on baby," I smiled. We walked over to a nearby trailer and I whined and scratched on the door with my paw. An old man opened the door, and Bolt and I looked at him. I quickly pulled my dog face and nuzzled underneath Bolt's chin as he also pulled his.

"Aw," the two old people exclaimed. "Here you go," the old lady said, throwing us half of her hot dog.

"Yes!" I smiled at him as we quickly began eating. We went to eleven other trailers and each one gave us something that ranged from burger buns to a full T-bone steak. I had not eaten this well in years. We then walked over to one last trailer where we saw some old looking gardening decorations. And quickly I pulled the barking trick as Bolt and I got into playful positions. And a short old lady opened the door.

"Well, hello, puppies. Did you come for some of Grandma's butter bean dumplings?" she asked as we wagged our tails and I barked in response. "Mm-mm-mm. You wait right there." She came back and threw us two dumplings before going back inside.

"Look at you. You are quite the little actor, huh?" I smiled lightly, tapping him with my paw. While he tried looking away I thought I saw some red tinge on his cheeks. "I haven't eaten like this in ages. Hey, look, my stomach's distended! How great is that?" I asked, pulling away and falling backward.

"Yeah, well, don't get used to it. We gotta keep moving," Bolt said.

"But this is a gold mine. What's wrong with you?" I asked. "Every week new RVs bring us new suckers who bring us new food. Look around! It's perfect," I tried convincing him. Then suddenly, I turned to hear a scuttling sound, and a hamster from the nearby trailer came out in his plastic ball.