6: The Dog Pound

Bolt POV:

As we started searching along the path the vehicle took. I picked up on a familiar scent Y/N's I immediately began to follow her smell and we continued down the road. With Rhino making several giggly noises. I was ignoring it before I sniffed Y/N's smell and stood with my nose in the direction it came from.

"Over there!" I said, running in said direction. Rhino and I then ran to the top of a nearby hill, and I spotted the animal shop, and I was reminded about how I was the one who had gotten us caught.

"There it is!" I told Rhino.

"This'll be just like the time you infiltrated Calico's Arctic hover-base!" he smiled from inside his fogged up ball.

"But it's not gonna be exactly like that, Rhino. We're gonna have to do things a little differently," I said, looking back at the shelter.

"Oh, stealth mode," he smiled. We ran up to the building's entrance and hid to the left side and saw the same large man who had taken Y/N and myself leave the shelter. He turned right and didn't notice me and Rhino enter right after he left, as we hid behind a large wooden desk. But clearly the woman in the chair above us did notice.

"Lloyd?" she asked, but when she didn't get a response she scowled. "Lloyd Spoon, you jump out and scare me, and I'm gonna pepper-spray you again!" she threatened, lowering her chair before she got off and left her desk. "I swear, it's like I work with toddlers," she muttered, grabbing a flashlight and leaving the building. Rhino and I then came out from behind the desk.

"Threat nullified," Rhino said, as we ran and hid behind a wall. "I feel alive!" the little hamster said loudly, almost blowing our cover. Hurriedly, I shoved my paw over his ball and hushed at him. I snuck over to the other wall and took a look into the room from inside the wall, there was a guard reading a magazine with his feet resting on the table.

"There's a guard," I told Rhino.

"I'll snap his neck," he said. I stopped him from being ridiculous and thought of something else.

"We need to get him away from that door," I said, looking around for a way to help us release Y/N. Then suddenly, I spotted the entrance to the cat compartment. I threw Rhino into that area, all the cats noticed this, and then started going crazy about the plump mouse in a ball, meowing loudly to what was going on. I walked back to the guard who looked rather ticked off.

"I'm just... I'm read... I'm just... Just pipe down!" he said leaving his post. I watched him leave and then entered the dog room. I began looking around and after a couple tries then stopped at a cage where I knew Y/N's smell was, she was lying curled up on the floor, her back turned to me.

Y/N POV:

After being shoved into a cage, I'd officially given up, so I layed down on the floor and let my ears droop. After waiting around an hour I heard someone open the door, but I didn't care whatsoever.

"Y/N?" I heard a voice I'd never hear again.

"Bolt? What are you doing here?" I asked, walking toward him. On the inside, I was smiling but on the outside I gave Bolt a look of disbelief.

"I'm busting you out," he said, walking toward me.

"You... You came all the way back here for me?" I asked, coming closer.

"Yeah," Bolt said.

"But how'd you... I mean, you don't have any superpowers," I said in a quiet tone.

"I know," he said, looking away.

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

"Wow. Crazy day for you, huh?"

"It's been a lot. Yes, it has. Are you ready for this?" he asked me.

"No?" I said, in more of a questioning tone than anything else.

"Me neither," he said, unlocking my cage. I stepped out and gave him a kiss on the nose. He froze slightly, I smiled and nuzzled him under the chin.

"Thanks for coming back, no one's ever done something like that for me," I smiled. I felt a smile spread across his face as well, as he softly nuzzled me back.

"Of course Y/N," he said. "Now let's go!" he said, as I nodded and we ran out of the dog room.

3rd Person POV:

"Hey, hey, hey! What is twisting your giblets?" The guard asked walking in. Before he spotted a couple cats, attempting to dig their claws in his ball. "Hey, wait. Where'd you get that hamster? Give it. Give it," he said walking toward the cats. Then suddenly from behind him Bolt barked, alerting Rhino to follow him and Y/N. "Hey, wait!" the guard exclaimed, trying to jump at Bolt, but he and Y/N avoided the guard by jumping out of the way.

"Initiating escape!" Rhino exclaimed, before he began to run around rapidly in his ball, the cat then accidentally fumbled with his ball, letting go and making him race out of there, on his way out he smacked the guard in the face.

"Hey! Lloyd! Block the door! Block the door, block the door, block the door!" the guard called as the wider guard stepped in front of the door frame.

"Superbark. Superbark!" Rhino squeaked at Bolt while they ran. The animals then came to a stop. Then suddenly the guard behind them slipped and hit Bolt as the male dog yelped, as he fell the guard accidentally kicked Rhino who went flying first hitting Lloyd in the face and then smashing into some nearby helium tanks. The animals then quickly took this as their chance to escape. The helium tanks however first fell over, then blew open and went flying out the door and then it hit the sign outside, which in turn fell on top of one of the trucks. Upon contact with the truck it blew up leaving an explosion as Bolt, Y/N, and Rhino made a daring escape from the dog pound jumping over Lloyd's unconscious body. Rhino chuckled cheekily as the animals left the pound and left flames and falling debris behind.

"Sweet Sister Frances! What did you do to my new truck?!" the female guard asked just having finished going around the pound.

"You hold on right there!" the skinny guard yelled running out the door right before the woman pepper sprayed him.

"Golly, Ester!" the man screamed in pain before he fell to the ground.

"Both you boys need serious help!" Ester lectured them, annoyed.

"Spicy eyes!" the guard cried wanting to stop the horrible feeling in his eyes.