9: Reunions for Better or Worse

Bolt POV:

Riding down roads still lying in the armchair from before. Left with no friends and only my thoughts for comfort. But as we rode into the city, I realized I was getting ever closer to Penny and my mood was somewhat lifted. When the driver of the car came to a stop so he could take in the views of wherever we were. I took my chance and leapt off the armchair running over to the fence the man was at to see the Hollywood sign.

Smiling, I looked down at the city below me. "Penny," I muttered to myself, still smiling. When suddenly.

"No way. Wow. Bolt, I'm a really big fan of yours, brother," I turned around to see a pigeon talking to me. "I'm Blake. This is my writing partner, Tom. Tom say what's up,"

"What's up?" Tom greeted me as another pigeon flew in.

"Wow," he exclaimed.

"Oh no," Tom deadpanned.

"Oh. And this is our personal assistant, Billy, who was supposed to wait up on the wire," Blake told Billy.

"Bolt, I've admired you for such a long time, and there's something I've always wanted to tell you, if I ever got the chance to meet you and now it's-" he tried but was interrupted by Blake.

"Okay, Billy, that was horrifying, what you just did. Why don't you make yourself useful. Go get me some breadcrumbs, whole grain. Go," he told the hated pigeon who flew away. "Whole wheat is not the same as whole grain, Billy!"

"Not the same, Billy!" Tom agreed with Blake.

"Do not come at me with whole wheat!"

"Or pumpernickel, Billy," I recognized it was probably a good time for me to go.

"Okay, guys, but I really gotta get going," I said, trying to leave.

"I know. I know you're a busy dog, but if you've got a second, we'd love to pitch you an idea for your show. Tom's better at pitching. I'll let him take it from here. Tommy's got the spotlight!" Blake fluttered his feathers as Tom stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Wait for it..."

"Aliens," Tom said.

"Oh, snap!" Blake exclaimed.

"Aliens?" I questioned.

"Audiences love aliens," Tom insisted.

"Holler back!" Blake smiled.

"It'll be huge, man. Huge."

"You can't touch us!" Blake insisted. I was puzzled, a little concerned, and at a slight loss for words.

"Uh..." I shook my head deciding, that I could probably use them to my advantage. "I love it. But I'll tell you what. If you guys can help me find Penny, that girl from the television show. Well I'd love to hear more about this aliens idea, but on the way," I said, walking away and trying to get them to lead me in the right direction.

"We got a nibble!" I heard Tommy tell Blake.

"Don't freak out. This is how you blew it with Nemo," I overheard Blake tell Tommy. As we ran down the hill they were chatting to me about their useless ideas. Little did they know, I had a totally different plan. I'd find Penny, leave this massive city, go back and find Y/N and Rhino and start living the life I wanted with all of them. And soon enough we were in the city, running past cars and through alleyways. When suddenly, we were in front of pair of arches which said:

"SOVEREIGN ENTERTAINMENT," Then the pigeons flew down next to me.

"And as the tractor beam is pulling Penny towards the alien mothership we fade to black!" Tom exclaimed.