7: Teaching Dog

Y/N POV:

We were racing away from the dog pound as fast as possible and eventually we reached some woods. Hurrying w e ran in and then through them once we'd done that we got to a road. Seeing several cars drive past at high speeds I knew we couldn't just continue running all the way to Hollywood. We needed a new plan.

"We need a ride," I told the guys.

"Ooh! I've got a big one. You're welcome," Rhino said, indicating a giant truck which was carrying a mobile home. As it passed us we ran after it quickly. I jumped on and got into the house. Bolt followed carrying Rhino in his ball onto the house with us. The two of us breathed heavy sighs of relief .

"I can't believe it!" Rhino exclaimed, smiling. "My whole life I've wanted to see a real life superbark. You are legendary!" Rhino exclaimed, scuttling away. I smiled in disbelief at the fact that he still believed Bolt had superpowers. Smirking slightly, I turned my head back to Bolt who was now sitting down in a defeated sort of way.

"Bolt? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Y/N? If..." he hesitated. "If I don't chase bad guys, then what am I?" he asked. "I mean, what..." he stopped, before he looked down at the floor, feeling defeated.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't worry about it," I said, comforting him. "Listen when I say that being a regular house dog is the greatest thing to ever exist in the world. Okay?" I said, he still looked down. So I decided to help him a bit more. "Look I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. One I haven't told you about because I've been too afraid to tell you. But here goes, you know why I hated you?" I asked.

"You hated me?" Bolt questioned, a little hurt.

"Let me explain," I said. "I only hated you because you threw away the best lifestyle that I never knew. We dogs lead the perfect lives in the best cases,"

"But what do dogs do?" Bolt asked.

"Slobber, sleep, chase tails, chew shoes. You don't exactly need a masters degree," I said pessimistically. Bolt still looked at me with a mix of annoyance and confusion on his face. "You know most dogs live in a place like this. Then I don't know we do things like drink out of the big white bowl,"

"What big white bowl?" Bolt asked. I took Bolt over to the bathroom then took him over to a toilet.

"We drink outta this?!" Bolt questioned. "Bu-but-" he objected. I smiled, rolled my eyes and walked back into the kitchen. I hopped onto a counter and looked down at Bolt who was sitting on the floor.

"And this would be your dog bowl," I explained as I jumped from one counter to the other.

"What is?" he asked, looking around the kitchen.

"This! The entire floor. If it hits the ground it goes to the hound. How cool is that?" I asked. Leaving the kitchen we walked over to a fireplace.

"And if I'm not mistaken on cold nights this and a chew toy it apparently doesn't get any better than that," I smiled.

"You uh, you seem to know a lot about these places," Bolt said.

"Oh I wish, but no I've never experienced anything like it before. I've only been told about it by other alley dogs and cats who were abandoned on the streets by their families. I've been a street dog my whole life so there's nothing I can really do about it," I said slightly dismissively.

"Mm-hmm," Bolt said. Then suddenly we heard a sound.

"Rhino is awesome! He's so awesome!" We heard Rhino's voice coming from the vents. We followed his voice and found him bellowing into the vents. "He's... he's beyond awesome! He... He's be-awesome!" He laughed heartily. "He's..." He was about to continue till he turned around and spotted us standing right there. "I... I am be-awesome," he smiled confidently. Bolt then walked over to the vents and sniffed at the grate when he felt a cooling breeze he smiled. I grinned.