1-Seventeen

Yeah, you read it right. 1st chapter is Seventeen :p. But what does this SEVENTEEN signify? Go on and read it. Hope you like it! :)

I was on laying on my bed with closed eyes and mentally making a note of things I'll require on the 1st day of my high school. It felt like I was forgetting something important. I tried hard but I couldn't recollect the same. Then I heard a loud voice of my whole family altogether which said, "Happy Birthday Gehna". All the family members were in my room. All of them appeared with gifts and big smile on there faces. I gave them a big smile in return. I felt so happy and blessed. Only then I realized that I was forgetting my 17th birthday. Mom and dad came forward and hugged me tight. I hugged them back and said, "Thank you so much". Dad kissed my forehead and placed his right hand on my head blessing me. My dad, Ketan Rai, was the best man I had seen in my life. I love him from the core of my heart. He handed me a box which I was surprised to open up. It had everything I was making a note for. Whoa! I didn't even tell him that I wanted these things. I loved this thing about him. He always understood what I wanted. He was the best. Followed by him, everyone gave me presents and I thanked them with a big smile. Also there was a cake with 17 colorful candles on it. My favorite chocolate cake :) All of them left after I was done with cutting the cake, except mom. We had a little fight while having dinner that night, since I left some vegetables in my plate. I was scared that she'll still be mad at me and again tell me for not doing so henceforth 'cause I'm a big girl now, etc etc.

She surprised me when she said, "I've got one more present for you"

I simply asked, "What?" hoping that it was not a book on "Benefits Of Healthy Eating Habits" or something like that.

She got a tray from outside and said, "Here it is"

Oh my God! The tray had a cup of hot chocolate, bowl of litchis and some mango slices in it. Eeee, I loved all those things and moreover I don't think we had litchis at our home when I had dinner last night. I said,"Where did they come from?" I said, pointing the litchis.

She smiled and said, "I got them from the market an hour ago, because you didn't even eat properly. I didn't want you to sleep hungry."

Aww! She went to the market so late and managed to get litchis just for me.

"That's so sweet of you mom! Thank you and I promise I won't leave vegetables in my plate ever again", I said with a big smile and grabbing one litchi from the bowl. She kissed my cheek in return and smiled.

"Good night beta, Aavjo"(Good night child, See ya), she said as she headed towards the door of my room and switched the lights and lighted one night lamp since she knew I feared darkness.

"Good night mom, Aavjo. Love you", I said.

She turned and said, "Love you too sweetie, sleep well. Tomorrow is the last day of sleeping till your desired time But I'm sure you'll enjoy the High School phase."

She left the room. So, that was my mom, Hetal Rai, a busy housewife. Sometimes I wonder that how does she manage to do so much of work and keeping everyone happy by coping up with cooking everyone's favorite dishes. Adding to this, she loves Garba!(Traditional Gujarati dance). She's a sweetheart, isn't she? But what she said while leaving my room reminded me of High School again. Day after tomorrow I was going to have a busy schedule again. No more long sleeps, no more tv/music/dance/reading books all the time, no more hanging out with Adi...Oh, wait! How come Adi hasn't wished me yet? He's my best friend since 3 long years and has never failed to wish me. Adiraj Mehta, was a perfect guy. He was blessed with all the perfection that any girl would die to have in her man. Along with his charming face he was a gentlemen by nature. He knew how to make people smile.

I took my phone and sighed since it had a text message from: Adi

It read, "Don't be late tomorrow! I'll pick you at 9 a.m and then we'll collect your books from the school. Good night :)" Fish! He forgot my birthday :/ Is that what a best friend texts you on your birthday? Okay, he's not a perfect guy anymore. :@ I just replied with a, "Hmm" to his message full of care and love.(note-sarcasm) But I still thought he might wish me tomorrow and slept hoping.

Hola readers!

How did you find the first chapter? You think that Adiraj actually forgot Gehna's Birthday? Do let me know with your precious votes and comments.

Take care :)