4- "AdiRash"...the happy couple!

I was waiting for them to explain themselves while they busy exchanging glances with each other. I cleared my throat to break their trance.

"Ahem ahem"

"Gehna we're sorry, but please first tell us what happened to your leg?" Rashi said softly. Adi came forward and got seated on the bed facing me. Rashi did the same and sat besides him. I just said, "Later." They got it that I'm not going to answer them unless they do.

" I know little girl that you have millions of questions in your head right now, so instead of you asking me everything, I'll tell you," Adi said in a single go. I nodded and he continued, "Remember, last year it was heavily raining on your birthday?"

"Of course, we were partying at my place and since it was not possible for you to drive in such a rain, I stopped you here," I said with a smile.

"And?" he quickly questioned.

"And we were going to watch Harry Potter series all night but I fell asleep too early," I said striking my tongue out.

He narrowed his eyes at me and continued, "Exactly! So that's when I went to your terrace. Rashi was on the call. She seemed pretty angry. I walked towards corner of the terrace and watched her fighting with someone for 10 long minutes. Meanwhile when I was watching her, she played with her hair twisting them with her fingers and blowing the strand falling on her face. I must say she looked so beautiful doing that. I was lost and I suddenly heard her saying,

'Hello? Adiraj? I am talking to you!'

'Me? I thought you were on the call'

'I've already hanged that up before 2 minutes and when I was leaving I saw you, so thought to come back. By the way, did you hear everything?' she said giving me a confused look.

'Not really. But surely there's some problem. Right?'

'Yeah. As you know it's our last year in high school, there'll be a farewell organized by the school and I had participated in a dance.'

'So?' I asked her with widened eyes."

He stopped telling his story when we heard a knock on the door. It was my mom. Rashi greeted her, "Good evening Hetal kaki (Aunt Hetal)"

She smiled at her and said, "Good evening sweetie. Hello Adiraj."

He greeted her back with a smile, "Hello aunty."

"What's up mom?" I asked her then.

"Ah nothing, Shruti asked me your number while leaving. And she gave me this note for you," she gave me a note. It had Shruti's number. Also, she had written 'Take care babe :)'. She had awful handwriting like a doctor. And then it flashed into my mind that she was actually a biology student. Probably she's planning to take admission in medical college in future. I thought to ask her about that. But, not right now. We were in middle of 'AdiRash' story. I laughed to myself after thinking of such a title.

"What are you thinking?" Rashi asked me.

"Later, now you just continue your story," I demanded faking anger. Mom had left the room already.

She smiled and continued where Adi left the story, "Yes ma'am. So I told Adiraj about my dance partner Rishab. Rishab was going to dance with me, but he said now he can't since he has stage phobia. I tried to convince him softly as well as angrily but he did not listen to me. Adiraj brought his hand towards me and said, 'Can I have this dance beautiful?'