6- Tour to the flashback

Shruti just nodded into a no and started walking backwards. Her one hand on the waist and one on her forehead. She finally turned back and walked out of the canteen. I saw an urge to talk in both the guy's eyes. But Manan's expressions were crystal clear which loudly said 'Shruti needs me'. He too went after her and I was left alone with Dr... Nah. I now know his name. Kabir! I said in my mind. I looked at him. His eyes had turned watery by now. He walked in the opposite direction and I followed him. He probably needs someone to talk. Thanks to his spray, my leg was okay by now. We walked upstairs till we reached the terrace. It was beautiful. I regretted being in canteen for my free time. He found a proper place to sit and rushed there. I guess he didn't see me coming. He was about to cry. I sat next to him and shyly placed my hand on his shoulder and asked him, "You okay?"
He wrapped me into his arms and started crying. I was right, he badly needed someone. He tried to say something, but ended up sobbing more. All I could understand is, "What was my fault?" His words had tonnes of pain. His condition was miserable. I pulled myself away to loosen his grip around me and wiped his tears. I gave him his bottle and told him to have some water. When he felt better I made an eye-contact with him. He was already looking at me.

"Sorry," he mumbled and shook his head.

"It's alright. Please tell me what happened. I know we barely know each other. But, you can share. You'll feel better. And maybe I can help you to get the things better," I said continuing to look in his deep brown eyes and gave him a sad smile. I saw his expression changing. From sad to being annoyed.

"Oh, please! Don't give me that pitiful look, okay. I don't need your help. Just go away and hang around with your best friends," he screamed out of anger. Whatever his expressions and words maybe. His eyes pleaded for help. His eyes were still watery which said 'Stay!' His words hurt me a bit, but I didn't even move an inch. He said, "You didn't hear me, did you? Just GO!" Louder this time. I still stood in front of him. "Fine! I'll leave then," he said and made his way to leave. After a few steps, he fell down and the floor hit his bum. Okay! I know I was supposed to help him get up, but I couldn't help myself from laughing. I held my stomach while laughing. I clicked his picture like that.

"Heyyy..." He said trying to fake anger, but ended up laughing with me. So, when we were done laughing, say for around 2 minutes, he stared at me.

I said, "Okay, I'm sorry. Here!" I gave him my hand so that he could get up. Did he get up? No! He pulled me down with him and now the floor hit me.

"Oww!" I screamed and he quickly got up clicked my picture. I narrowed my eyes and gave him a death glare. He gave me a devil smile and said, "Karma," while dramatically making peace symbol with his fingers.

"Youuu..." I got up and he ran. I ran after him. He was laughing "Catch me if you can, baby." I increased my pace, but he took a turn so fast that I was not able to cope up and slipped badly. I was forgetting that we were on the terrace. From where if I fall, either I'll wake up in the hospital with major fracture or don't wake up at all. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. For a minute we both were silent. Breathing heavily because of running and fear. Our fingers intertwined into each other's.

He said finally breaking the silence, "Are you mad?" This time in a really serious and angry tone.

All I spoke is, "Huh?"

"Do you have slightest idea of what would've happened?" Our fingers still intertwined. In fact he had tightened the grip. It was visible that he cared, but I didn't know how to react. We were standing so close, not even a distance of an inch. I felt nervous but good. And the bell rang which made us pull away from each other. I turned to get my bag and rush to another lecture as the free period was over now. He grabbed my wrist and whispered into my ears, "See you after school." We rushed to our classes. I was lucky that professor didn't come yet. It was an English class. I saw Shruti. She didn't seem fine yet. Also, there was no place next to her desk. So I moved to another corner which had a seat. I was struggling hard to concentrate in the class because my thoughts were repeatedly moving towards what happened in the canteen and terrace. I wanted to know what had happened to these guys. As the lecture came to an end, professor announced, "Students, before you leave for your lunch break, I'd like to inform you that the classes after break are cancelled for today. From tomorrow onwards there will be no changes in the schedule and most importantly, the science exhibition will begin at 12p.m. today. The students who wish to come, are welcomed. Any questions?" He said and then looked at me. I just shook my head into a 'no'.
"Great!" He exclaimed and left the classroom. I,generally, loved such kind of exhibitions, but today, I was in no mood to attend it. I was tired and sleepy. I yawned and started walking downstairs. In the mid-way I stopped when Kabir's voice echoed inside my head.