8- Night of nights

I was so happy to see them together once again. They didn't see me yet until Shruti said, "hey guys, we're here!"

"Hey hi," Manan said smiling at me.
I smiled back, "Hi."
Kabir, at first, hesitated a bit, but then he came forward and said, "I'm sorry."

"Hi sorry, I'm Gehna Rai." Yeah, and the worst joke award goes to me, I know. His reaction made it sure that it was silly. He pressed his lips and closed his eyes which gave dimples a spot light. But there was still a lil smile on his face. Why? Why is it necessary for him to look so perfect?

"Hey NRI," he said jokingly. What did he just say? I rolled my eyes at him "It's Gehna Rai!" Shruti and Manan started laughing and so did Kabir.He controlled his laughter and said, "So what? It sounds the same!" I didn't reply so he continued, "By the way, I'm Kabir Arora." I gave his closed mouth smile and shook hands with him. His hands were so cold. Is he a vampire or something? Okay dear brain, shut up and shut down. After that, I remained quiet for sometime.

"Butter scotch." These were the only words that came out of my mouth when Manan asked me for my flavour. We were at ice cream parlour, which was far from my place. Manan went for ordering our ice creams. He forgot his wallet. Kabir got up to go to him but Shruti insisted that she wants to go. We smiled at her.Kabir cleared his throat and said, "Try to come before the ice cream melts." I was trying to control my laughter. Shruti blushed a little and punched Kabir's arm and left. Okay, now I was alone with Dr. Handsome aka Kabir Arora. My heart started to beat 20 times faster. Yes. Its an accurate number, trust me. I was looking everywhere to avoid talking to him. There was a guitar shop in the opposite and it said 'SALE'. My face got brightened up. I started walking there without thinking that I had to cross the road. I suddenly heard two voices,

1. The loud car horn
2. Kabir screaming on the top of his lungs, "Gehnaaa.."
He pulled me by my arm roughly. Only then I realized that I was going to get hit by that car. Now my heart beats were even more faster. I hugged him. My eyes were closed, but I could feel his arms hugging me and surprisingly his heart beats were fast, too. He took a strand of my hair and put it behind my ear while saying, "How many more times I've to save your life, huh?" Oh yes, he saved me in the morning as well.

'Forever!' I mumbled.

"What?!" He said with a LITTLE smile. (stressing the word little, obviously :p)Fish! He heard that. 

"I mean, you're a doctor, right." Nailed it.

"..in making," he said. We smiled."By the way, where do you think you were going? Without even realizing that you need to cross the road?" He asked curiously.I pointed to the guitar shop, "there!"

He gave me a big smile, took my hand and made me cross the road carefully. We entered the shop. I was amazed at the beauty of all the guitars. I picked a black one.
"Nice," he complimented my choice. I just smiled.

"Go on NRI, play something," he said while having a seat on the couch besides the metal guitar section.

"I don't know how to play guitar," I gave him a sad smile.

"What? Then why did you come here?"

"Because I always wanted one, and unless I have it, how am I going to learn to play it?" I told him genuinely."Alright then," he said while taking the guitar from my hand. He started playing it and.... He sung, too.

The song "Hasi" from 'Hamari adhoori kahani.' Oh my goodness. His voice was magical. It was echoing all throughout the shop. When he finished the song, the owner, two customers who were present there and me gave him an applaud. Owner was an old man, he gave us a warm smile. He came to Kabir and complimented his voice. He told him, "Son, you have a heart touching voice. Never stop singing."