Chapter 16

Now

I've never particularly fantacised about having magic powers before this week. But I would give anything to have the power to do what they do in Harry potter and take memories out of their minds and bottle them up to watch over and over again whenever they want. Then I could relive the best week of my life on repeat.

Daya has completely opened herself up, in all senses - she trusts me now, and it's made me realise just how many parts of her I didn't fully know before. I too have opened up, knowing that she's in it, and that I don't have to prove myself to her - I've been more myself too. I now know what I've always wondered, how it feels to be fully oneself with another human. Now I understand all of the love songs, all of the characters in movies - and I know that there was a reason that I'd never really been cast as the main character in a movie about love before.

Because I didn't understand it.

Now I do.

Tomorrow we head back to the real world, back to LA for her to head back home and for me to fly back to London for at least two weeks, as I promised my parents I would and changed my flights to spend more time there. The thought of being away from her hurts to think about, especially since we got physical. God, waking up with her in my arms, spending the morning hours rolling around in bed together - how could I want to leave that?

"Come to London" I whisper in her ear. We're lying in bed, our hear-rates calming down after another morning session. She is lying on my chest and she picks her head up to look at me. "London?" she says, clearly confused why I've asked out of no-where, she hasn't been listening to my inner monologue after all.

I nod, "Even just five days, I'd love you to come, see where I grew up. Spend some non-stress time with my family, meet my friends properly. I have a lot of groundwork to do with them too you know, having you there would make it easier" I add. In all honesty, I had totally forgotten about that - the fact that I kinda fucked up with my family and friends too, not just her.

"Okay" she replies and I'm honestly shocked. I hadn't expected it to be so easy. "Really?"

"Yup"

I lean down to kiss her, overjoyed at the prospect of having her there with me. We probably need to figure out how it will work, we don't want to be photographed - but I wont bring that up yet. Maybe she's just as far down this rabbit hole as me, that perhaps she too is worried about what it will be like when we're apart. That it hurts her to think about as well.

"Probably will have to wean ourselves of this then" I joke, leaning down to touch her naked bum, just one of the things I am obsessed with. "Actually, that sounds like a tomorrow problem" I laugh. She joins, "So you're saying this is our last day to really enjoy ourselves?". I nod, "After that we'll have to remember how to function with clothes on" I add, "although that is a begrudging idea".

"I'm sure the world would be thrilled if you started walking around naked" she says, winking at me. I shake my head at her, "Just for you, okay?". "Ditto" she replies, "well I mean Law did see my boobs before you, so he's probably the only other human that the rule applies for" she adds laughing. I love her stylist Law and he's happily married to his husband so the concept doesn't make jealous. "Just the tits though" I add, winking.

Making her laugh, really laugh like this is one of my favourite things in the world. Turns out, I am a very simple man indeed. Bottle everything I have learnt about myself, love, what life is - and it comes down to things that no money can buy. Money might help us stay private, see each other enough when we are apart, things like that - but it can't buy this, no way.