Kaleef

After blocking Dre i realized it was time for me to move on and get serious about Kalief. When I wasn't working at the WIC office I spent my weekends with Kalief. I enjoyed every moment we shared together. We opened up to one another more and more and sparks were definitely flying. I sat with him on his steps with my fur jacket on in the cold as he freestyle with his homies. It was a regular Friday night and we were just chilling. Kaleef got along with any and everyone and was respected.  Kaleef began freestyling i held onto his arm content as can be. I began to feel sick to my stomach . I quickly ran into the house and upstairs to the bathroom. Lashae was staying the night with Zay she crept into the bathroom.

''Girl....don't tell me you are pregnant."

"No...i can't have kids."

i sat up and wiped my face and began brushing my teeth. I felt hot and lightheaded . i sat down on the toilet and opened the bathroom window.

"'Nani...anything is possible i really think you should take a pregnancy test."

''Can you go grab me one ..please don't say anything to Kaleef...at least until i know." I said

"Okay imma run to the corner store now. lock the bathroom door."

i closed the bathroom door behind her and locked it . I then sat back down on the toilet and was feeling woozy. If I'm pregnant I'm sure its Kaleef's child. I haven't had sex with Dre in months but then again....i haven't had my period in months. I've been so busy i haven't even noticed. Damn it.. Damn. I  buried my face in my lap and waited for her to return. A couple minutes later Lashae came knocking at the bathroom door. I opened the door and began to pee on the stick. Lashae sat on the edge of the tub as we waited for the results.

"''Babe..you good?Whats going on?"

"I'm fine....i will be out soon baby.."

The two lines on the pregnancy test popped up and i began to cry. I was happy but i was also afraid. i didn't know who this child's father was but this meant that i had to unblock Dre AND tell Kaleef about this situation. 

''Why are you crying?What's wrong girl?''

''I think it's Dre's baby...''

''Just tell Kaleef and take it from there.. You gonna have to Jania...you can't just pin this child on him." She said

"You're right."i sniffled.

"Do you need me to be there with you when you tell him?''

''No..i can do it.''

Lashae looked at me with a concerned expression. 

"You still feel sick?" she asked, rubbing my back soothingly.

I shook my head and groaned in pain. "I don't know, it just hit me all of a sudden. I feel like I'm gonna throw up again," I replied, clutching my stomach.

Lashae quickly grabbed a wet towel and handed it to me. "Take deep breaths, it might help," she suggested.

I followed her advice, taking slow and steady breaths as I tried to calm myself down. After a few minutes, the nausea started to subside, and I leaned back against the wall, exhausted.

"Lashae, I don't know what's going on with me lately," I confessed, tears welling up in my eyes. "It's like this rollercoaster of emotions. One minute, I'm happy and in love with Kalief, and the next minute, I'm feeling sad."

Lashae sat down on the bathroom floor next to me, concern etched on her face.

 "Is it because of Dre? Are you still not over him?" she asked softly.