Frankie's Funearl

That Sunday I got the call that Frankie passed away in her sleep. I was hurt because before all the alcohol she was my mother. Everyone was there at her funeral and it was raining. My brother Timmy and I sat in the front and listened to the pastor speak. My aunt Violet was inconsolable and my other aunts were comforting her. Suddenly the funeral door opened loudly and the faint smell of alcohol filled the room. My family members gasped as he approached her casket... My uncle Paulie. I put my head down trying not to look in his eyes. Kaleef held my hand tightly and reassured me that everything was going to be okay. A couple minutes later he walked towards me and spoke.

"Jania...I am sorry."

Kaleef stood up ready to swing on him but my Aunt Violet stopped him.

"Paul, you have no business being here or even talking to Jania." Aunt Violet said.

"Violet don't start your shit don't you start.''Paul said drunkingly.

My uncle Barry and my Uncle Nico stepped in and escorted Paul out. I was shaking and to nervous to eat at the repass. My adrenaline was up and i just kept thinking about Frankie's body in the casket.

"Are you okay?"Kaleef asked me as we walked into the house.

"Yeah..i'm fine."I said sitting down on the couch. Cynsere went into his room to play his video games. A couple minutes later i got a call from my boss.

"Jania i know this a bad time right now but this morning someone dropped off some tapes...They asked for you to be fired and if we don't they would leak this sex tape online. I am afraid we are going to have to terminate your position with Sony."He said

"What? What sex tape ? Did it say who sent it?"I yelled.

"No it didn't...I'm sorry Jania."

I hung up on my old boss and began to try hard.

"Whats wrong baby whats wrong?"Kaleef asked wrapping his arms around me.

"They fired me."

"Why?"

"Someone gave them a sex tape with me in it and threatened to leak it online."

"Do you know who would so somethin like that?"

"Nah..." I said . Then it hit me....Dre.. I waited until Kaleef left to get back on the plane to St Louis before calling Dre.

"Yo."

"Your really slimy you know that? Why the fuck would you give my job a sex tape of us."I said

"Man Jania..what the fuck are you talking about?"

"So you didn't do it?"

"Fuck no man..fuck i look like i'm pushing 40 in a couple years?"Dre said irritated.

"My fault Dre."I said hanging up. I called Shanae and it went to voicemail. I don't have no beef with anybody. Aaliyah is in jail, Dre didn't do it . The only other person that could have done it is Shanae. I called Shanae again and it went straight to voicemail. I went into the closet and pulled my gun out of my safe and tucked it in my purse. Cynsere was at school so i drove over to Shanae's house. Her mother and father's car was parked out front. I knocked on the door and her fathered answered .

"Hi . is Shanae here?"I asked him.

"No.Shanae moved out a couple months ago."He said.

"Do you know where i can find her?"

"She has an apartment near Kiraomi Restaraunt. When you see her tell her i need to speak with her. A few things are missing from my safe."He said angrily closing the door. I got in the car and drove downtown to the restaurant. There was an apartment building next door. I pushed the buzzer and a purple haired white girl answered the door. I pulled the gun out and handed it to her.

"Is Shanae here ?"I asked her.

"No ...no she left out early this morning."

"Tell that bitch when you see her that Jania is looking for her."I said before walking out. I was pissed off and this baby wasn't making me feel any better. I was 7 months pregnant and ready to pop anyday. Kaleef not being home fucked with my mental heavy. I needed some support.

When I got home I waited for Cynsere to get off the bus. A couple minutes after I walked into the door a brick came flying through my window. I ducked and took a look at the brick. A piece of paper was attached to the brick.

"We ain't finished until we say we are."It read. I called the police instantly. They took the brick and made a report. I told them about Shanae and they suggested that I file a restraining order. After Cynsere got out of school i went down to emergency court and filed a emergency pfa on Shanae. The police couldn't find Shanae . I called Kaleef to tell him what was goin on.

"I can't come home until friday. Will you be okay until friday?"Kaleef asked.

"Yeah.. I got a security system in her now. My uncle gave me a gun and the police can't find Shanae to serve her the PFA."I said, placing my hand on my head.

"Babe, they will find her, don't stress you and my baby out."He said.

"I love you..imma call you tomorrow."I said, hanging up. I helped Cynsere with his homework and we began watching a movie.

"Mommy ..why you and daddy not together anymore?"

"Sometimes people just fall out of love..why? You don't like Kadeem?"

"He's cool...he's just not my dad."Cynsere said smiling slightly. I wish Dre and i didn't go through what we go through so we could give Cynsere the family situation he deserved. I just can't show him I don't know my worth by staying with a man that cheats and beats on me.