Summertime

As summer came, I began taking crazy trips to Los Angeles to spend time with Kaleef. I would tell Dre that I was visiting family while my ex-boyfriend was dicking me down in the  fanciest hotels. When I learned that Dre was still fucking the shawty I haven't touched him. Never could a dick that another shawty had while with me be my dick. I was sitting on the balcony with Kaleef as we watched the skyscrapers.The night sky was brightly lit by stars, and the view from our hotel room was lovely. Kaleef was smoking a joint and wearing nothing but a royal blue robe. I changed into a satin royal blue Teddy bear that I had recently purchased for the vacation.

"Now tell me.. Could you get used to seeing this for the rest of your life?" Kaleef asked me to kiss him.

"Yes. It is beautiful out here."I smiled.

"So leave that nigga alone and come be where you supposed to be."Kaleef said.

"Kaleef it's not that simple." I said as I made my way to the bedroom. I put some wine in a glass and sat on the bed.

After turning off the television, Kaleef stood in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Jania..we been back to fuckin around for 5 months now.. I love the hell outta you girl but i ain't gone wait for you , you need to choose."He said. Before I could answer, the hotel door burst open. Dre walked in with his homies behind him.He was pissed and holding a gun in his hand.

"Dre ! what the fuck are you doing here?"I screamed jumping up and grabbing my robe.  Kaleef stood in front of me putting his hands in the air. A couple minutes later his security guards walked into the room holding guns in their hands.

"Sup..you forgot that you used my card to pay for these plane tickets. I knew something shady was going on I'm always getting charges at this hotel..."He said licking his lips.

"You want us to escort them out, boss?" Kaleef's security guards asked . Kaleef raised his hand and told them no.

"Listen my nigga. We don't want any issues. Why are you here?"Kaleef asked Dre.

"Leef."I whispered, tapping his arms. One wrong word and Dre was gonna shoot the place up.

"I was coming here for my girl but it's up to her now.''Dre said sitting on the edge of a chair.

"I'm done Dre...I don't wanna be with you anymore..When i get back me and Cynsere moving back to Brooklyn"I said

"You can do what you want. All your shit gone be sent to your muvas house. You picked your side hoe..hope you love it there."Dre said walking out of the room and slamming the door. I sat down on the bed with my head in my lap.

"You don't gotta move back with Frankie. I got a crib out in Manhattan that you can go to." Kaleef said.

"You don't have to do that Leef."I said, shaking my head.

"Jania...i love you..you gone be a good baby."Kaleef said, kissing me. We tried to get back to enjoying our night and made love. In the morning we took a walk on the beach.

"I really am sorry for all that happened Kaleef."I said.

"Jania, the past is the past, I forgive you."He smiled.

"Why are you like that ?"

"Like what ?"

"So easy to forgive..so calm?"

"I survived the unthinkable and life is too short to be holding onto shit Nani."He said.

"I wish I could do the same. I'm such an angry man.. Life just been lifting ."I said

"Well now we have a chance to live our life. Don't sweat the small shit."He said.  We went out to dinner then back to the hotel. Kaleef accompanied me back to Atlanta to get my car and anything else that I may have left in the house. Cynsere was outside waiting when we pulled up. Dre's car was nowhere in sight.

"Where is your daddy?"I asked him.

"He left."

"When?"I asked him.

"An hour ago.. He said that you would be on your way and to just wait."

Kaleef put Cynsere's bags in the car and helped him in. We drove over to my shop and I told Lashae that she would be in charge of it . I made plans to visit periodically and order inventory but it was Lashae's shop now. The ride back to New York was long but enjoyable. We blasted music and smoked L after L while Cynsere slept. When we got back it was 2 in the morning . Kaleef handed me his keys and I opened the door while he carried Cynsere in. Kaleef's house was immaculate and big. A three bedroom house and perfectly decorated. Kaleef put Cynsere down in one of the rooms and came back downstairs to bring in our bags. Kaleef and I got in the shower together. When we got out we climbed into bed , ass naked and fucked until we passed out. I was excited to be back with Kaleef but nervous because I knew Dre wouldn't let me go so easily.