☆°Part Thirteen°☆

In the perspective of:
...LISA JOHNSON...

Later that morning

Last night I had a hard time at Mrs. Rosenberg's apartment. It took me a while to fix all the handles in her drawers, since the nails that I had in my toolbox weren't the right width, and she didn't want to screw any new holes in.

I hadn't seen Larry at all since I dropped him and Sal off at school yesterday. We haven't been able to spend as much time together lately with his new job, my maintenance gig, outings with Henry Fisher and Larry just wanting to chill alone in his room or with his friends.

This morning I woke up a bit before 7am to make some breakfast. Just scrambled eggs and toast with coffee, making sure to put the ketchup on the table for Larry to use.

When everything was ready, I walked over to his room to wake him up, because of course he forgot to set his alarm last night.

I twist the doorknob open, peeking into the dark room before turning on the lights.

"Larryy, time to get up hun-", I cut myself off upon realising that there are two people in Larry's bed.

Sometimes Sal sleeps over without notice, and I'm alright with that most of the time. But whoever was in bed with my son, definitely was not Sal.

"Mmph- Mum? Ughh, why'd you turn the lights on? You know I hate that..." Larry says to me, rubbing his eyes and slowly shuffling out of bed, revealing more of who was sleeping next to him.

"Larry- Is... Is that Travis??" I stammer, completely taken aback by the blonde boys sudden appearance.

It takes Larry a brief second to process.

"Oh!! I'm so sorry mum, I totally forgot to tell you!" He whisper yelled at me, dragging me out of the room and turning the light off before shutting the door behind him.

What is happening right now? I asked myself, clearly fazed by the current situation. And I really hoped Larry would answer that question soon.

On cue, he started explaining what was going on. It was very vague, but he mentioned that Travis was having a bit of trouble right now and that Larry took it upon himself to help him out.

"So, you two are friends again?" I asked, to which he replied with a hesitant but very enthusiastic nod.

I wasn't upset. Just a little startled. Larry and Travis used to be so close, even closer than Larry and Sal are now, but a few years ago they just fell out. Grew apart. Perhaps it was my fault for not trying hard enough to maintain their friendship, but it was just so hard when Travis's mum died. And now they were friends again? I can't say I'm not a bit relieved, even if Travis has been such a rotten apple over the years. Maybe this will be good for him.

"There's a lot more to it mum, I swear on my life. Just- You'll have to wait until he's ready to talk to you himself."

"Alright Larry, I trust you."

And I do. I really do. I thought.

If Larry, who had been complaining about Travis this and Travis that for the past couple of years had decided to go this far to help support Travis, I would happily help. Besides... I think I know all too well what he meant by "more to it".

"Well... Since the two of you slept in, and it's far too late far me to drop the two of you off to school now.." Larry beamed at my words, knowing exactly what I was implying.

"But only this once! I want the two of you up and ready by 7am every morning from now on alright? Tell Travis to eat whatever he wants, and that I'm glad he's here to visit. I need to go fix the pipes in CJ's apartment in the meantime."