☆°Part Fifteen°☆

In the perspective of:
...TRAVIS PHELPS...

This morning, I woke up before Larry. And I mean like, many hours before him.

Probably karma for sleeping so much during the day before, but I just couldn't go back so sleep. I know I probably fell asleep too early in the first place after having that panic attack, even if I was still tired though, it just felt impossible.

It was around 3 in the morning. My throat felt really dry, it would've been a lot worse, probably even painful if Larry hadn't made me drink some water last night. I was more than glad when I realised that there was still some more water on the top of the dresser. I had to unwrap myself from the blankets and Larry's arms that were around me, before chugging it down as quietly as I could.

My throat was still dry and I was still thirsty however, so I creeped out of the bedroom and into the kitchen to find another bottle.

Just as I'd taken the bottle out of the fridge and turned to go back to the room, Lisa had appeared right in front of me. We both jumped up a bit in fright, quickly covering our mouths in sync to stop ourselves from squealing.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Johnson!" I whisper yelled, placing my arm on her shoulder in concern.

She replied quickly with a nod, holding the my hand and squeezing it a bit.

"It's quite alright Travis. But please, call me Lisa okay?"

"Okay."

"Good. Since your awake right now, I ought to tell you that both you and Larry won't be going to school today either. So you can both sleep in as much as you'd like." She'd informed me, which made me make a curious and questioning face. I was just about to ask her for a reasoning, but she beat me to it by answering anyway.

"It's Thursday, and tomorrow is a public holiday. Since the two of you missed yesterday, and are going to be missing tomorrow anyway, might as well stay home for today as well." Lisa explained.

"I'm not really sure if that's how it works." I replied, stunned that she could be so carefree about letting us miss two days of school.

"Look, Travis. We both haven't been able to talk about anything yet, but I can tell you need help right now. I'm trying to help you by giving you time to think about things instead of school. Larry's not planning on going to college anyway, I know school doesn't matter much to him. You on the other hand, I don't know. But I do know this will probably do you more good than some, pop quiz or whatever it is they make you guys do."

I just nodded slowly, not sure how to respond. Lisa really was a nice person. I felt guilty for staying at her house, and that this was the first time we'd interacted since I started hanging here. I made up the decision right then and there to make it up to her.

For all my flaws, regrets and mistakes. I'd try my best to replace and apologise for them. And who better to start with, than Lisa?

I let my hand fall from her shoulder, placing my bottle of water on the counter and using both my hands to hold hers.

"Ms. J- I mean- Lisa." I started, trying to pull my eyes towards hers without letting that familiar feeling of shame tear them away.

"I want to say sorry, and thank you for all of this. I'm sure your appalled by my behaviour, and it must be uncomfortable knowing that I'm staying her again after all these years, after all that's happened. But I'm really grateful, and I promise I'll make it up to you. To both of you, and everyone else of course." I continue, trying my best to sound as sincere as possible.

The only times I've ever really apologised is with Dad and in my notebooks. When I apologise to my Father, it comes out as heavy gasps and cries. And writing an apology as opposed to actually saying it, is much easier.