Koz • Thirteen • Perfect Derriere

* * * * * * * *

Chapter Thirteen

Perfect Derriere 

* * * * * * * *

Who knew dragging an unconscious Xavier back to the sisters could be exhausting? Lucky for me, I have a good sense of direction; otherwise, I would undoubtedly have gotten lost in this labyrinth.

"Damn it, Xavier! Kaylin is right. You have a fat arse! Ugh, you're so fucking heavy!" The unconscious arsehole stirred in my arms. "You're lucky I'm not dragging you by your feet."

Unfortunately, I had been walking backwards while dragging him this entire time and did not notice the ground slanted down. Until, of course, I lost my bloody footing and tumbled.

"Eeeek!" I released a squeal when I fell, and then Xavier's unconscious body landed on my chest. "Fuck sake, why do you weigh so much?" Once more, he stirred. "Xavier?"

Again, he stirred. This time, I caught one of his eyelids open slightly for a split second.

The little shit! Don't tell me he's pretending to be unconscious!

"Oh no, will you look at that," I sighed. "My shirt tore, oh no! My boobs are showing. Whatever will I do? If I'm not careful, some perverted scumbag may take advantage of poor innocent me."

Within a second, Xavier's eyes snapped open, and the torchlight flickered in his grass-green eyes, giving them an orange glow. He glared at my chest as I sat on my knees beside him.

"Ha! I knew it!" Reaching out, I slapped the back of his head. "Fucking pervert! You just wanted your head between my breasts while I dragged you, right?"

"No comment."

That earned him another slap, this one harder.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He asked, moving himself to a sitting-up position. That was when I noticed his bloodied sides. Xavier followed my eyes downwards. "Don't worry, Milady, it's just a scratch. I'll be fine." A smirk crept upon his face. "Unless, of course, you would love to drag me again, in which case, I wouldn't say no."

"In your dreams, pervert!" I scoffed.

His smirk deepened. "In my dreams, we wear less clothing."

Can I kill him now?

Ivory, remember you want to get back at your father? Oh, right, I need Xavier alive for that. "Xavier?"

"Yes, Milady?"

"So, what now? We never found an exit." I pointed out to him. 

"Milady—"

"We cannot follow the river because we do not know if it continues deeper underground. So what the fuck do we do?" I sighed, running a hand through my blue hair. "What do we d–"

A hand landed on my knee, causing me to turn. Xavier captured me with his eyes. His fucking eyes, I swear anyone could get lost in the depth of them. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

Do I?

Putting aside his perverted personality, did I trust him? That was an incorrect question. Should I trust him?

"Princess, do you trust me?" He asked once more as I stood to my feet.

I find myself staring into those meadow-green eyes of his. "Yes, Captain, I trust you."

What?

Traitor!

Xavier's lips pull upwards. "Good, because I know how we find our exit."

"You do?" I raise a brow. "How?"

He slung an arm around my shoulder to help himself stand. "Firstly, I require Ava to heal my injuries." A sigh rumbled from his throat. "And I also need your assistance to get back to them."

So, against my better judgment, I helped Xavier back to the sisters. If I had my way, I would have let the asshole bleed. 

"Kaylin!" I called out once we finally made it back to the main cavern. "Kaylin! Ava! Anyone here? I need some help here!"

Ava sat next to a fire, eating what looked like a fish. I guess she was feeling better. Her eyes caught me, or rather, who I was half carrying, half dragging. "Captain? What happened?" She asked, standing up and running over to us.

"Cave lion," I huffed. "Attacked him, and he passed out on the way back."

Ava swung Xavier's other arm over her shoulder and helped me bring him next to the fire. We laid him on the ground. I watched her inspect his injuries, which I knew were somewhat alarming.

"How is he?" Kaylin spoke from behind me, and I jumped. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, Ivory," she laughed. "Ava?"

"He'll be fine. His wounds are already half healed." Ava stood to her feet. "In about an hour, they should be fully healed."

Hang on, what did she say?

"Huh? How? Those scratches look deep?" To say I was confused would be an understatement.

Kaylin and Ava exchanged looks.

"My own wound is not healed, and he is? How is that possible? Is he not even human? Is he a sorcerer of some sort? Actually, that would make sense since Xavier is our Captain and all. He must use magic... Right?" At this point, I was rambling. "Or is he a devil spawn?"

"Muhaha! Devil spawn!" Ava burst into fits of laughter.

Her sister chimed in. "His face certainly resembles a devil!"

From the ground, Xavier sat up, rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong with my face?"

"Would you like the list alphabetically or in grossness?" The elf blurted out, joining Ava in laughter.

The expression on Xavier's face was displeased and somewhat embarrassed. He watched both Kaylin and Ava buckle over from laughing. Then his eyes found me. Unlike the sisters, I did not find the humour in Kaylin's words.

I failed to laugh and couldn't understand why.

Maybe because somewhere deep inside me, I didn't think anything was amiss with Xavier's face. In fact, it likely was the opposite. Don't ask me what the heck is wrong with me for thinking this, but maybe, just maybe, he's a tiny, little bit handsome.

You know, I really think something is wrong with me.

I knelt next to Xavier, who was groaning as the sisters continued to joke and make fun of him. "Captain?" My voice was gentle, and I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"You're going to join in, I suppose?"

Why would anything they say bother him? I mean, he just decapitated a cave lion for crying out loud.

"Come on, say my derriere is fat." His words only made Kaylin and Ava laugh louder. "Ugh! It is not fat!"

For reasons not known, my fingers gripped his chin. I applied pressure, forcing him to look at me. "Do not listen to them."

What am I saying? Listen to them!

"You aren't ugly, and your derriere is fine."

Come again?

"Xavier, you're fucking perfect."

Say what now?

"Xavier," I breathed out, completely confused as to why I said he was perfect when, in fact, he is far from flawless. "What's wrong with me?"

The cheeky idiot grinned. "Don't worry, Milady. It's not just you. No one can resist my charm."

Charm? Ha, what charm?

I opened my mouth to reply, but a growl caught my attention. I tore my eyes from Xavier. "What was that?"

By now, Ava and Kaylin had taken their weapons out and held them when multiple growls echoed throughout the cavern. They were louder than the river flowing behind us. Even our wyverns who were eating fish seemed nervous.

And then...

Well, then, the cavern's roof started to collapse.