Chapter 3

I walked down the corridor of central headquarters, content that it was almost time for work to end.

"Have you heard about Brigadier General Mustang?" A voice I recognized as Kain Fuery asked.

I froze and hid behind a wall.

"What about him?" Breda asked

"There's a rumor going around central that he's romantically involved with Lieutenant Hawkeye."

I gasped.

"That's really far fetched. You shouldn't believe everything you hear, Fuery." Havoc replied.

"How do you figure, Havoc?"

"The Lieutenant's not his type. She's serious and cold, the total opposite of the chief, and don't get me started on appearances."

"What do you mean by appearances? We all know Lieutenant Hawkeye is attractive." Falman said.

"She is. But, what's the first thing you see when you look at the Lieutenant?"

There was silence.

"She's blonde! And we all know how he feels about blondes."

"We do?" Breda asked.

"He doesn't like blondes. In fact, he calls them a turn off. None of his flings have ever been blonde, so there is no way they're dating." Havoc paused. "And then there's her figure. She's not the most feminine looking and we all know Mustang likes his girls built like girls."

"And besides, we work with both of them. Don't you think we'd notice if they were dating?" Falman added.

"True." Fuery said.

I had enough of their conversation. I decided to walk down a couple more corridors so it didn't seem like I was listening to what they were saying.

Was it really that hard to believe that Roy and I were together? I guess it could work in our favor, but it got me thinking, why does Roy want to be in a relationship with me? I've seen all the girls Roy were attracted to, they were all skinny and feminine looking and not blonde, just like Havoc said.

Roy literally had women throwing themselves at him and he still chose me. Why me?

I went home quickly and sat on the couch. I pulled my knees up to my chest and sat there, completely silent.

I heard the front door open and shut.

"Riza! I'm home." Roy's voice announced as he walked into my peripheral vision.

He looked at me for a second before he was sitting beside me. He pulled me out of my position and held me against his warm body.

"What's wrong, Riza?" He asked, kissing my forehead.

I looked up at him. "Why did you choose me?"

"What do you mean?"

"You have the most beautiful girls throwing themselves at you, but you picked me. Why?"

He stood up and held out his hand. "Here, come with me."

I took his hand and stood up.

He led me to the bathroom. He stopped in front of the mirror and put his hands on my shoulders, moving me in front of him. "Now, I want you to look at your reflection and tell me what you see." He said.

"I see a soldier."

"That's it?"

I nodded.

He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on top of mine. "Well, do you want to know what I see when I look at you?"

"What do you see, Roy?"

"I see a strong, independent, intelligent young woman who just happens to be a soldier."

I blushed and looked down. "But I'm blonde."

"And what does being blonde have to do with anything?"

"You hate blondes, Roy."

"I don't hate blondes." He paused. "They're just not my preference. But Riza, I fell in love with you, not your appearance. Even though it's a big plus."

"So you don't care that I'm blonde?"

"I'd still love you no matter what your hair color is." He kissed the top of my head. "Hell, I'd still love you if you didn't have any hair at all."

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"I made you blush." He joked.

"Don't laugh at me."

"I'm not, I think it's adorable."

I blushed even redder as Roy pushed me away far enough to place his lips on mine.

~~~ Hello guys c: Sorry for the really long wait, but I've been really focused on school lately. After graduation I promise to update more frequently :D Also, thank you to everyone who voted and commented on my story so far I really appreciate it :3 And also, if you have any suggestions for this story, please feel free to let me know~~

Until next time :D~~