Chapter 15

"Are you done with those papers yet, Havoc?" I asked, impatiently.

"No, not yet. I'm almost done." Havoc replied, scribbling wildly on the papers in front of him.

I looked down in frustration. I hated having to wait for Havoc to finish his paperwork, it always seemed like he was way behind everyone else.

I looked down and fiddled with the engagement ring on my finger. The ring Roy picked out was very vintage and older looking, so I decided to wear it on my right hand and tell anyone who asked that it was my mothers. I know it's stupid, but it's a small reminder everyday that Roy and I are together and our relationship is real and not some long lived fantasy world that I've created for myself.

I glanced at the clock. 12:45. It seems like the day has been dragging on and on for eternity. At two, I have a coffee date with Gracia, which I was actually looking forward to. No offense to Gracia, but I always hated being out in public when it wasn't work related so it was strange that I was actually excited for it.

"Here ya go, Hawkeye" Havoc said, handing me the sacred stack of papers I was waiting for. I took them from his hands and began working hard on them.

The day dramatically picked up and before I knew it, I was leaving Central and making my way towards the cafe next door to Gracia's flower shop.

I met her outside of said flower shop and we walked over to the cafe together. We stood in line and ordered drinks. She ordered a cup of green tea and I ordered a cup of black coffee. 

We got our drinks and sat at a little table in the corner of the cafe. I chose the window seat and Gracia sat across from me.

"So, Riza, how is the pregnancy going?" Gracia asked, blowing on her tea and taking a small sip.

"It is going better than I was expecting." I replied, looking down at my drink. "Luckily, I've only been nauseous recently instead of throwing up like I was. Knock on wood." I chuckled, knocking my knuckles on the table.

"That's great news. I was sick up until Elysia was born." 

"That must of been awful."

"It wasn't pleasant, I'll admit, but the reward was definitely worth it." She smiled.

I smiled too. 

"So do you know how far along you are?"

"I'm not sure. I think about 3 or 4 weeks." 

"You should find out for sure by seeing a doctor. Do you have one in mind?"

I took a drink of my coffee. "Not yet. I was actually thinking about consulting Winry about it since she already knows about Roy and I and there isn't a real threat of the news getting out. The less people that knows, the better, and I'm not keen on the idea of swearing a doctor to secrecy."

"Doctors aren't going to ask you who the father is though and they would have better technology than Winry does."

"Yeah, but I think Roy wants to be apart of the whole thing and I don't want to deprive him of the experience. And besides, I want him to be there when our baby is born."

Gracia smiled. "I know what you mean, Riza. It's still early, so the plans can change between now and then. It's your child so you call the shots. I will respect any decision you make."

"Thank you, Gracia."

She smiled in return. 

"So, what is giving birth like?" I asked, putting my head down. I know it's sort of hard to believe, but the giving birth part of my pregnancy is what I was fearing the most.

"It's hard to explain, it's definitely painful, but like I said earlier, the reward is worth every second. It's a pain that you have to go through to fully understand. But I'll be with you when that time comes to talk you through it."

I smiled and looked outside to the streets of Amestris.

"Have you noticed any symptoms?"

"Besides the nausea, I've noticed that I get tired a little more easier than usual and that my face is breaking out" a little."

"Yeah, I had those same symptoms when I was pregnant. Just wait until your hormones go haywire." Gracia laughed.

"I'm not looking forward to that at all." I laughed too. "I don't know if this is a symptom or me being overly sensitive, but I feel like my sense of smell is stronger than usual."

"That is actually a symptom. I'm not sure why really, but I remember that happening to me as well. Wait until the weird cravings kick in as well, mine were horrendous. I drank shower water for a week, it was disgusting."

"Shower water? That's strange."

"I know, you'll find cravings are really strange. I was craving foods I've never had before."

I checked the time. 2:48."I'm sorry to cut this short, but I have to get back to Central."

"Oh no, don't worry about it. We can talk more later. The time just flew by didn't it?" She laughed.

We both stood up and she pulled me into a hug. "If you want more advice I'm always here day or night. I'll talk to you later, take care."

"Thank you, we'll talk again soon." I replied, hugging Gracia back.

We exited the cafe and I waved behind me as I left Gracia at the flower shop and continued down the street back to Central.

AN: Hello guys! Here is chapter 15. Please be kind about this chapter because it needs edited very badly, but I wanted to get it out because it's almost been a month since chapter 14. I will probably edit it and make it better tomorrow afternoon, but until then, enjoy!

Also, I'm still taking suggestions for the name and gender of Roy and Riza's  baby! Leave any suggestions at all in the comments <3

Thank you all for all the votes and comments, it's what keeps this story going <3 I appreciate it so much words can't even begin to describe :D

Also! A big shoutout to @DiamondSparkle42 for giving me the idea of Riza wearing Roy's engagement ring on her right hand. I didn't follow their exact suggestion, but the idea nonetheless came from them, so thank you!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

~Kasey :D

"