Chapter 8

I woke up in the morning and stretched. I opened my eyes just to close them again, the sun blinded me with its brightness.

"Good morning" Roy said, half asleep as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Morning." I replied, leaning back on Roy's chest.

He kissed my head and nuzzled his head into the back of my head. "I'm going back to sleep."

"Shouldn't you get ready for work?"

"It's Saturday, Riza." He answered, pulling me closer to himself and yawning.

"Oh." I replied,  turning around to face Roy. I rested my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I forgot."

He held me tight against himself in a protective way as he started stroking my hair.

"I love you." I said, closing my eyes.

"I love you too." He whispered.

I smiled and fell back to sleep, listening to the sound of Roy's heartbeat.

~~~:D~~~

The phone started ringing, waking me up.

I successfully made it out of Roy's arms without waking him up and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Riza! Riza! Riza!" Rebecca yelled excitedly from the other end of the phone. "You'll never guess what happened!"

"What happened, Rebecca?" I asked.

"Two things! First, I got a call from Lieutenant Havoc last night and he wanted to know if I wanted to go on a date sometime!"

"Wow, and I wonder which of your best friends gave Havoc your phone number."

"Thank you Riza! I owe you one! You're the bestest best friend anyone can ask for."

"What's the second thing, Rebecca?"

"The second thing is that I'm being transferred to Central!"

"Really!? That's great!" I exclaimed.

"I know! We'll be able to see each other everyday."

Roy stirred behind me. I felt him wrap his arms around me and lift me up on his lap. "That's awesome. I can't wait." I responded to Rebecca.

"Tell the Colonel I said hi."

I gasped. "How did you know he was here?"

"You're voice changed.  You sounded more flustered. We're best friends and I notice little things like that."

I turned to Roy. "Rebecca says hello."

"Hi, Lieutenant Catalina." He replied, moving his mouth closer to the receiver of the phone.

"I'll let you go now, Riza. I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay. Let me now when you're getting transferred and I'll pick you up from the train station."

"Will do!" She replied. "Bye Riza."

"Goodbye Rebecca." I smiled.

I hung up the phone and turned to look at Roy.

He smiled. "Good morning."

"Good morning."

He rested his forehead on the back of my head. "Why don't you lie back down with me?"

"I'm not tired though."

"Me either." He admitted.

"Then why do you want to lay down?"

"Is it such a crime to want to cuddle with my wife?" He asked, pulling me down so I landed on top of him.

"Your....wife?"

"Yeah." He smiled. "My wife." He kissed the top of my head. "Since we can't get married, it's as close as we can get.. for now."

I relaxed in his arms. "I like how it sounds."

"Yeah, me too."