Chapter 37

Tzalmon Point of View

Even with constant efforts from Marcus Winters, Igses mood did not get better. It was as if he was in a crazy mode right now and he was too persistent.

It was almost to the point of craziness.

However, Mr. Winters did pacify the kid to a certain extent. But that doesn't mean Igses was completely back to normal; he was much calmer now, that's it.

But, Marcus Winters was completely disturbed by the sudden change in Igses. Not only him but even I couldn't guess what exactly happened for the little boy to become like the he is now.

I thought that the first date with my son would be at least alright but it was just filled with deadly silence and nothing came out of it. He hardly touched a morsel of food and wasn't interested in toys or anything that Mr. Winters and I tried to lure him with.

His mood was just so solid that made me and Mr. Winters extremely worries.

It has been two days since then; Igses is attending extra classes and is practicing crazily. Finally after Mr. Winters asked why he wanted to be strong quickly and his answer was short and precise.

To protect his mother.

That made everything clear that something indeed happened with Eblils.

The kid must've told Mr. Winters the reason behind his unusual mood that Mr. Winters is giving me cold glares these past two days.

It can't be because of me, right?

I didn't even show myself before her yet, how could I be the reason?

Sigh! This is just getting too messy.

"Majesty, everything is arranged well." Gyles reported as he followed me to the meeting room. I hummed in response and stopped by the closed door.

I closed my eyes and tried to compose the thoughts in my mind before walking inside. Inside the room is Mr. Winters, with people from ID Designs, particularly Eblilis.

She is here.

"Sir." Gyles stood by my side and opened the door for me.

With a heavy sigh, I slowly walked inside the meeting hall that was filled with several voices talking and sometimes, chuckling as well.

The moment I stepped inside, the whole room fell silent. Mr. Winters who was sitting at the head of the table stood up and this caused the person next to him to stop what she was talking.

Eblilis.

This was the first time after such a long time that I'm seeing her close; this close. She was here, smiling gracefully as she talked with people around her.

The movement from Mr. Winters stopped her and when she raised her head and saw Mr. Winters looking at me, she slowly turned her head to the direction where her father was looking.

The moment her eyes met mine, all the memories from the past few years she was in my kingdom raced back in my mind. From the moment she stepped on the island to the moment she jumped into the portal with Igses, everything reeled in my head over and over again clearly.

The more the scenes came to my mind, the more I felt guilty, somewhat ashamed of myself.

Ashamed because there was once when I thought I fell in love with her but looking at it now again, my love was truly a poison for her.

Her eyes that caught me slowly crinkled and a painful look appeared on her face. She gaped at me as if she was having a nightmare. She keep shaking her head to herself muttering 'not real' like a chant.