Chapter 55

Acacia Point of View

Hand in hand, his other hand on my waist and my other hand on his shoulder, with a respectful distance between our bodies, we floated on the dance floor.

The chaotic excited people around us fell into still silence as they watched him lead me through the dance floor with finesse smoothly.

I am not exactly a genius dancer, but I can hold myself well against an alright partner. But with how Jerk is leading me, one can tell how good he is while dancing in pair. But then again, he is from an era and from monarchy where these kind of balls are as natural as breathing.

I slowly raised my head and took a glance at him. By the time my passive eyes met his, I found that he was already looking at me as if he was struck by lightning.

His face is scrunched up in such grand amount of shock and disbelief. His eyes blinked at me, as if he is still trying to detect dream from reality.

He opened his mouth and closed it several time like a fish but did not say anything. However, unlike the time in the past, he is handling me with a respectful distance and with a better attitude even though it is a couple dance.

After half the song is over, he suddenly started to smile at himself and at me as if he finally realized that this is indeed not a dream.

I shook my head lightly and ignored it. My eyes landed on the small figures beside us, holding each other just like how I and Jerk are, as they flowed around like water in cool spring creek.

Who would say they are only five plus years old?

Just look at how serious and honorable they are looking while they are taking the dance floor by fire.

My lips quivered with a small smile when I observed that Igses and Noemi tried to copy me and Jerk by following our moves.

When Jerk twirled me, Igses did the same, when Jerk changed the footwork, Igses did the same too. In short, no matter how good Igses and Noemi are, they still followed and did it so with obvious enjoyment.

"Thank you for accepting my dance offer." Just as the first song was coming to an end, Jerk whispered.

I did not respond back but spared him a brief glance before stepping back from the dance floor after the song came to an end.

However, this behavior of mine did not dampen the Jerk's mood at all. On the contrary, he even produced a foolish smile that I saw for the first time on his face.

His face was shining brightly like a sparkling rainbow on a moonless night; happy and content. I turned my face away and walked towards mom and dad who are snacking lightly.

Damien and Liam, on the other hand, found dance partners and went on to show off. I first took a huge gulp on fruit punch and had light snacks before sighing in ecstasy.

Gosh, I was so famished. When will they serve dinner?

"This is why eating on time is necessary." Mom scolded with a glare as she pushed some kind of salad made of nachos in my mouth.

Although it's not a heavy food, the feeling of something other than air going into my stomach made was wonderful.

"I was busy, mom. You know how occupied I was this afternoon."

"Busy, busy; why are you not busy. You are even too busy stuff some food in your mouth." Hearing her scold me, nag me, I felt more happy than angry.

How I missed this feeling!

For more than seven years, I missed her chide me and nag about my food habits. I totally love it when I hear her reprimand me with such serious face.

"Alright, let her eat something peacefully first." Dad came between us as usual.