Chapter Twelve: Memory

Jack's POV

I stepped out of the cab and paid the driver. Nervousness filled me as I stepped onto his front porch. Trembling, I knocked.

A slight shuffle was heard. The door opened. Mark stepped out. "Sean..." he whispered. I looked up at him. "Hi Mar- Oh!" I said, but was cut off with a hug.

Mark wrapped his arms around my waist. I blushed. "I'm happy to see you too Mark, haha." I said. He only hugged me tighter.

Hmm? I smell something. I breathed in again. It was Mark. A faint scent of sweet vanilla and cinnamon, clung to his body. This aroma... it's oddly familiar.

I froze. I happened so fast.

***

A young boy with black hair and glasses, hugging another boy with brown hair, who's face was buried deep in the other's chest.

Wait... Is that M-?!

***

"....Are you okay?" Mark asked. The images disappeared as quickly as the came. I snapped out of my trance. What... was that? "Y-yeah... I'm fine." I assured him. "Let's go inside." I said, changing the subject.

~*Time Skip*~

Mark's POV

Jack's been acting a bit weird. He's been zoning out a lot. He hasn't mentioned the Skype call yet. Ugh, he probably thinks I'm crazy.

I sighed and looked over to Jack. We were watching a movie on the couch. It was no surprise that half-way through, he was fast asleep on the couch, curled up like a kitten. I chuckled. Probably jet lag.

He looked so... innocent, and sweet. I sighed, it reminded me of when we were kids.

I blushed, I had had a little crush on him back then. I slowly stroked his cheek with the back of my hand and smiled. I hope he remembers me soon....