Returned heroes

The yowling outside rings in my ears. "Sa'nok? Sempul?" (Mother? Father?)

The bright light behind my parents blinds my eyes and theres nothing I can do except look away, the burning sensation i've felt in my eyes fade away as the howling sounds from my dream are heard in the real world as well.

I open my eyes and shoot up. "The sully's?" I mumble to myself.
I quickly get up and slide the fabric dangling from the front side of my hut aside.

As I suspected, the return of the heroes. The royal family who saved us from the Tawtute. (skypeople.)

I search for them in the bunched up people downstairs. I catch Neytiri and Jake and not much later I see my friend Kiri. I'm glad she's okay.

I make my way down from my tree hut and slide myself through the crowd. As soon as I catch up to Kiri I grab her wrist and scare her a little. She yelps and turns around in shock and laughter. "Faxei'a!" She yells and she hits my shoulder lightly. I snicker and place my fingers on my forehead. "Oel ngati kameie". She returns the gesture and I walk with her to her hut.

"I've missed you, Kiri." We sit down in her hut and she looks at me endearing. "Me too. Trust me when I say the Metkayina clan wasn't that great for me either." I sigh. "They just don't understand you." She nods in response. A calming silence falls between us.

"How is Wëkei'o?" Kiri breaks the silence. "I believe he went hunting last night, didn't see him since." She nods. "But i'm sure he'll come back to greet Neytiri, Jake and Neteyam." I add.

Kiri's face suddenly lits up. "Oh that's right!" She stands up and reaches out her hand to me. I instinctively grab it and she pulls me up and hurries out of the hut.

"Where are we going?" I ask her while hurrying behind her. "My siblings asked about you." She says. A soft blush covers my cheeks.

Kiri hurriedly opens the door to the family hut. "Ah Kiri, I was wondering where you were." Neytiri says. Her eyes drift to me and she greets me with a smile. I greet her back and suddenly feel her hand on my waist. "You've lost so much weight Faxei'a!" She says worried. "Well Wëkei'o has been busy lately..." I reply.

"You're always welcome here Faxei'a." Jakes voice echoes through the bigger sized hut. He pats me on my shoulder. "Good to see you alive and well kid." I nod and politely greet him as well.

"Uh are you done? We're looking for Neteyam and Lo'ak." Kiri interrupts. "Oh right." I say.

"I think they took Tuk to the flower field. She said she wanted to see them." Neytiri says. Before they could add anything Kiri and I had already left for the flower field.

"When you said siblings... who did you mean exactly?" I say while walking next to Kiri. She looks at me attentively. "Neteyam and Lo'ak of course."

We finally pass the big stump and not much later the big field, filled to the brim with flowers, brightens our view. Kiri clearly missed this place, seeing the look on her face. I look at the flower field and scan the area for the brothers and Tuk but can't find them.

"I don't see the-" two hands cover my eyes before I could finish my sentence. "Nevermind." I add chuckling.

The person behind me chuckles along and I immediately know who it is. "Lo'ak..."

I grab his wrist and twist them before making him kneel before me. "You skxawng." He chuckles but inhales sharply cause of the grip on his wrists. "Ow! I get it! Okay!" He yelps and I let go while chuckling at the sight.

The sight... Lo'ak has grown since I last saw him. His eyes are sharper, shoulders broader, he looks more... mature.

I get snapped out my train of thought because this idiot shoves his palm into my face.
"Ah what-" I grab my nose while stepping back.

"Don't stare at me so much Faxei'a..." he mumbles. His cheeks warming up. Meanwhile from behind Lo'ak his brother walks up.

Neteyam greets me properly. And I greet him back. Before I could stand up straight however, this brother has picked me up from the ground. "Why are you so thin Faxei'a? You look too unhealthy!" He says while lifting me up. "Lets go and eat something, it's been awhile since we all had a meal together." He plops me back onto my feet but I can't help but feel embarrassed.

"Yes let's eat together!" Young Tuk cheers. We all laugh at Tuk's cuteness. Flowers tucked into her braids giving her a little flower crown.

I bend down and greet her too. "You're Faxei'a?" She asks curiously. I nod and suddenly her gaze shifts to the brothers. "Really?! Cause-" Neteyam and Lo'ak gazes change and she giggles a little. "Nevermind~" she says while skipping away. I lock eyes with Kiri and she seems suspiciously trying to avert my gaze.