Tree of souls

The next morning Kiri and I have decided to meet up and visit the Vitraya Ramunong. So when I wait at our agreed place she's already there. But to my surprise Tuk isn't here and Neteyam is.

"You don't mind me tagging along?" He asks.
I shake my head. "Of course not." Kiri smiles and we make the journey to the tree.

As soon as we get nearby the sacred tree, the spiritual levels rise. It's hard to explain but you can feel it in your veins that the tree holds all our ancestors, memories and most of all Eywa.
The tree is our closest thing to The Great Mother herself. The shivers down my spine are another indication. I feel how Eywa is watching and that she has the answers to my questions.

I gulp and see the gorgeous tree in the distance. My heartbeat speeds up and I feel as if i'll get all the clarification i'll ever need. Its pink purple-ish glowing light shining through every crack of the trees and bushes. Nothing beats the sight of the Vitraya Ramunong. In all it's floral glory. The slight slope leading to all the roots and little flower buds. The cyan moss lighting up with every step I take.

"It's breathtaking every damn time..." I mumble to myself. Kiri smiles and nods in agreement. Neteyam starts walking next to me. "Why did you want to visit the Vitraya Ramunong?" He asks curiously. Somehow his gaze seems cocky. I look back at him. "As if you didn't know." I say sarcastically. Kiri looks curiously but doesn't comment.

As we walk into the sacred basin the Vitraya Ramunong's located in. I can feel the sensation of the roots which my kuru will connect to. (Neural queue) "Let's sit near the front." Kiri says.

We all plop down, Kiri and Neteyam on each of my side. I grab my tswin and let the kuru reach outside of the hair. (Braid)
"Let's all connect on the count of three." I say. I look both ways and Kiri smiles while Neteyam nods resolutely. "One... tw-"

"Guys! Bro!" A familiar voice echoes in the distance. It's Lo'ak. We all look his way.
"Rä'ä ekxan si oe!" (Don't exclude me!)

Kiri sighs and Neteyam chuckles. "Well then hurry up." Kiri says slightly annoyed. He rushes over to us and sits down behind Neteyam and me. I look over my shoulder and he smiles. I smile back before grabbing my Kuru again. "We'll do it on the count of three." Kiri repeats.

"Alright." Lo'ak mumbles. "Ready?" I ask. Everybody nods. "One... two..." the anticipation killing me. "Three!"

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-.ೃ࿐ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

A small white light burns in the distance. Indicating me to go after it. When I step closer it disappears and reappears somewhere a bit further. This light appears warm and fuzzy, like a soft big hug, but after the third relocation it dissolves. A gut sinking feeling in my stomach.

It's pitch black around me, no light. No fuzzy or warm feeling but cold and harsh instead. I cover my upper body with my arms and sink through my knees onto the cold, now wet, ground.

"No connection with Eywa?" I sob. My shoulders shake and my lip trembles. Thats when suddenly a warm hand grabs mine.

In shock I turn around and stand face to face with ...

Lo'ak.

The pitch black surroundings have turned into a beautiful scenery. A mountain cliff with a gorgeous waterfall leading into a small pond. Sunset behind him illuminating his silhouette. His warm hand caressing mine. Somehow he seems taller and broader. He looks... older.

"You're here." His voice sounds deeper and echoes through my brain. His big hands have placed my, now very small, hands onto his chest. "Ma tìyawn."

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-.ೃ࿐ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Shocked my eyes shoot open and I breath heavily. When I look around I notice the others have all been looking at me. "You were in there so long!" Kiri says. "What did you see?" Neteyam asks in anticipation. "It's uh-" my eyes drift off to Lo'ak. "... nothing much." I continue. "What?" Lo'ak looks surprised. "You didn't see anything?" He continues. I gulp. It's embarrassing to face him after the view Eywa has shown me. I feel so many emotions and they feel overwhelming.

I'm still unsure if it's meant to happen or if Eywa has shown that to give me clarity on my feelings. It might not even happen at all!

"Faxei'a?" Neteyam's hands resting on my shoulder. I feel a lump growing in my throat. I release my Kuru and get up. I feel their gazes burn in my back as I walk away.

Why Great mother? This only makes it more difficult. I don't understand at all! Theres no more room inside for me to push my feelings away. It's all too much... this isn't even close to clarity. It makes me even more confused than before.

My brain is overloading and after a while of walking my head stings. I rest my head against a tree and sink through my knees. "Why." I whisper. Tears splatter on my knees. I sniffle. "I don't understand!" I say.

Soft footsteps are getting near in the distance. I have no care for running away and keep my head low and eyes on my knees.