✧ 𝔒𝔫𝔢 ✧

The last semester had begun. How long had he been looking forward to finally finishing his studies and holding his bachelor's degree in his hands. It should take three long years, and there were only 6 months left until graduation. Felix realized the most difficult time of his studies was about to start. Presentations, seminar papers, more lectures and then finally his bachelor thesis. 

And how lucky he was to be able to pursue his dream job along the way. He had made good connections and some of the professors at Seoul National University recognized the talent in him early on and expanded his opportunities to work at a counseling center as a therapist. Of course, he couldn't take on his job full time yet due to the time he still needed for his studies, so he only saw one patient at a time. But his co-workers and the higher-ups noticed that what he delivered was of the exact same quality as that of a therapist who had been doing their job for many many years. He fascinated them all with his talent.

Felix had not even spent his vacations doing nothing – always took his time to help out at a store for a little extra money, which he could really use. Despite his fairly good income he often ran short of rent and grocery money at the end of the month. His apartment wasn't huge and he shared it with one of his friends, but due to its location near the university the price was not exactly the most affordable. Let's just say Felix was barely able to make ends meet.

"Hey Felix, hold on a second" he heard from behind him as he was just on his way to his first lecture of the semester. He turned around and saw Seungmin – his roommate – walking toward him with several books in his arms. The sight almost pained Felix, the books threatened to fall out of Seungmin's hands considering how many he was carrying.

"Hey– Wait, let me help you a bit" Felix said as Seungmin stopped in front of him and took half of the books from his friend's arms.

"Thanks." The two made their way to the student center, which fortunately was already nearby. Seungmin had rented a locker there since he was constantly carrying around a lot of books and needed to store them somewhere. The way from the center to building 16 for social science, where Felix studied psychology, was luckily not that far, so Felix didn't have to worry that he might get there too late.

"What time are you going home today?" Seungmin asked, trying to pull his backpack back up onto his shoulder.

"I'm not sure yet. I'm attending two lectures today and wanted to eat at student center afterwards." He rebalanced the books in his arms to free up one hand and pushed Seungmin's backpack up. "Why are you asking?"

"Han said he wanted to talk to you, but that's all I know."

"He has the third key though. Let him just wait for me. If it's important he could call."

Arriving at the center, Felix opened the door to let Seungmin go ahead. They went to his locker and put the books down. "And when are you going home?" Felix asked, putting the last book in the locker, which barely even fit another book.

"Now. I just had my last lecture but I've really only been here to pick up a few more books. I wanted to keep studying at home." Seungmin took down his backpack and opened it to replace some books he was already carrying with new ones.

"You might wanna consider getting some books back to the library. No doubt they're already missing them over there."

"Ha ha, very funny, Felix. I still have a while before I gotta bring them back." He closed his backpack. "Want me to tell Han you're coming later today?"

Felix nodded. "Mhm, do that please. I also have to go back to the office after I'm done here to pick up some files."

Seungmin closed his locker and turned to look at Felix with crossed arms. "New patient?"