The Greif That Felt Like Fear

𝑻𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔: shitty parents, disownment, slight verbal abuse and breaking and entering. 

enjoy<3

You roll over in the shitty motel bed, rough sheets lightly scratching your skin when you move to fast. You groan pulling the pillow over your ears, the smell of cheep laundry powder and your shampoo fills your nose. 

The noises of your parents bickering still makes it way to your ears. Even though they were in the motel to the left of you, door closed and now pillow covering your ears the sound of them snapping at each other was clear. 

Tension was high these last few days. They hated this place. Why? You weren't sure. 

Over the small amount of time you'd been here you'd explored a good amount. There was nothing to hate as far as you could tell. Locals were friendly, plenty of shops. 

You even saw where Jed said he worked, you hadn't stopped by. But maybe you should add that to your bucket list today.

Sighing you sit up and look around your bleak small room. 

Not much was in here

A small bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet to your right. Mustard yellow carpet with ominous stains and a few places where it was shredding up. The wallpaper white with light blue diamond and floral patterns that was yellowing and pealing slowly at the top of the door frame, in any other place it would look cute and charming. The kind of wallpaper an old lady would have. But right here and right now, it looked sinister for some odd reason. 

*𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙠* 

You jump startled. You'd been so zoned out you didn't even hear your parents argument die down.

"(Y/N), you need to be up and ready in fifteen to twenty minutes." Your mothers voice rings through the other side of the door, she sounds stressed and irritated. You glace over at the time. 8:45 the small alarm clock on the motels bedside table glows at you. 

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘱. You think praying your mother might give up and leave you alone.

"(Y/N) come on I need confirmation your awake, it's an important day." Your mothers rushed voice calls out.

"I'm up!" You shout out as you pop some joints into place, stretching your arms up.

"Good and hurry, your Grandfathers will and testimony is being read today." And you hear her strutting off down to her motel, presumably to shower and get ready for the day.  

𝘛𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺? 𝘕𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘢𝘨𝘰. 𝘑𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩. You curse under your breath, you wanted to go see Jed today and maybe try that nice coffee shop a few blocks away from his work. 

Slowly getting out of bed you feel how your stiff joints and muscles are aching. This hotel mattress really wasn't doing shit for your back. Slouched back and feet dragging against the carpet you waddle your way into the bathroom, wincing as your bare feet touch the cold tiled floor.

Turning your attention to the mirror you stare at yourself. You look shit. Rubbing your face with your hands you suppress the urge to bang your head into the mirror.