chapter one : the world thinks too shallowly for hwang hyunjin

pre story author's note !!

hi all !! thank you for taking interest in my ff !! this is not my first fic but i'll act like it is bc all the ones from before are from when i was really young haha. i wrote this with a scrolling style reading instead of pages in mind, so it's likely going to look better to read scrolling haha. please forgive grammatical issues, spelling errors, etc !
hope you enjoy the story !!

xoxo mosii~

~~

hyunjin was getting ready for the museum, and his phone pinged. he looked over to his phone on the bed as it lit up with a text from the name "yongbokkie ♡".

"hyunnie" - yongbokkie ♡

"are you on the way yet?" - yongbokkie ♡

"not yet, i'll leave soon" - hyunjin

"wait for hyung when you get there" - hyunjin

"hyung haha" - yongbokkie ♡

"call me when you arrive💙" - yongbokkie ♡

hyunjin tossed his phone back into the white sheets of his bed and finished getting ready. his hair was slowly fading from the pink he had dyed it recently, and it had grown out fairly quickly since he'd cut it. he threw on a black hat, sprayed his cologne, and checked for his rings before he left the house. hyunjin always checked that he had his rings. it was a habit he formed after losing his and felix's couple rings. felix was very understanding and even insisted that hyunjin stop worrying about it, but hyunjin couldn't forgive himself. he never wanted to lose their rings again.

~

"feelix- i'm here now. where are you?"

"over by the entrance, hyun. just walk up to the rose bushes, and you'll see me."

hyunjin followed the path to the main entrance of the museum that was adorned with beautifully trimmed shrubbery and rose bushes. he smoothly picked a rose from a bush as he passed. he probably wasn't allowed to do that, but it's a rose, how could he resist? he nimbly picked off the thorns of the delicate flower as he continued along the path. as he neared the doors, he spotted felix standing to the side, taking pictures of the scenery before him.

"yongbok-ah!" hyunjin softly called out. felix turned his head towards hyunjin's direction. his blond hair slightly getting in his eyes as it had grown out much longer than he thought he would let it.

"took you a while to get here, hyun," he smiled warmly at hyunjin as he swept his hair back and out of his face.

"traffic was bad, and i had left the house later than i planned, too" hyunjin explained. "take this beautiful rose as a sign of my apology." he held out the freshly picked flower to the younger, a playful smile spreading across his face. "a sign of my love and attraction, too." felix laughed as hyunjin winked at him.

"thank you, hyunnie," he said, "wait a- hyunjin did you take this from one of these bushes?" the pink haired boy started laughing and felix stared at him with a dumb smile until he too started laughing. after a little, they went into the museum together.

~

felix and hyunjin went to museums together often. hyunjin loved looking at new art the museums would put up, and one would sometimes spark inspiration in him. he would paint beautifully on days like that. felix would go just because he enjoyed how hyunjin admired the pieces. felix liked keeping hyunjin company at museums, and hyunjin liked felix's company. the art museums they went to usually were free admission, but today they went to a much fancier, pricier, one. hyunjin, who always checked for his rings, had not checked for his wallet.