chapter three : me and felix are dating

hyunjin woke up the following morning to soft rays of sun shining on his face. he opened his eyes slowly, squinting at first as the light was softly illuminating the entirety of his room. however, the warmth of the light was not the only warmth he felt. hyunjin turned his head down toward another kind of sunshine, who was peacefully asleep and nuzzled slightly against his chest. kkami had gotten off the bed and was also asleep on the rug next to the bed.

hyunjin turned to the blond head rested near his chest and smiled. even in the mornings, felix managed to look so perfectly pretty. perhaps it was the favorable lighting. or maybe the fact that hyunjin had always found felix quite beautiful. but hyunjin simply couldn't look away. he breathed deeply, but softly, hoping to still the moment. but as things are destined to be, nothing can stay the same forever. the soft chirping of the birds outside woke felix up from his sleep and hyunjin pretended to not have been staring.

"hey hyun, are you up yet?" felix's voice was even deeper in the mornings. no matter how many times they slept over or shared a bed, hyunjin could never quite get over felix's morning voice.

"yes, i just didn't want to move and wake you. don't worry i haven't been up for long." hyunjin gently sat up as to not disturb felix too much if he wanted to go back to sleep. he climbed out of bed, giving felix a pat on his messy bed hair and followed by giving a pat to kkami on the floor too.

~

he made his way to the bathroom and started brushing his teeth while checking his phone. he opened instagram and was greeted by a message request from the night before.

"hi hyunjin! im hoping this is you haha. not sure if you remember (it'd be funny if you didn't haha), but im the girl from the cafe! i saw your friend's museum post on my explore and recognized you and found your account through it. im not sure if your friend told you about our conversation yesterday, but i hope i didn't make you guys uncomfortable at all. i could treat you guys again at my cafe to make it up if you're willing? your friend doesn't have to come if he wouldn't like. i feel he may not have the best impression of me haha. im still obviously interested in you as well haha. no expectations at all! let me know :)" hyunjin was confused. he remembered the girl, but felix and her never had a conversation. hyunjin had been the only one to talk to her. she's not wrong about felix not having a good impression of her though.. he did seem quite upset when hyunjin joked about her interest in him yesterday. hyunjin messaged her back simply.

"thank you for clearing the air! no bad feelings at all! however, i'll have to turn you down on your offer for the cafe as well as on your interest in me. im sorry, im already in a relationship! me and felix are dating." now hyunjin was clearly lying, but the girl didn't know them, she wouldn't know.

hyunjin wasn't interested in the girl, but he found that when you tell a girl you're not interested, you seem to come off kinda rude or even narcissistic. however, simply saying that you aren't looking for a relationship sometimes is not a good enough reason for girls to stop pursuing you. hyunjin found the most success in telling a girl he was in a committed relationship, especially one with the person he's closest with. felix. this wasn't the first time he's told a girl (or a guy) that he was dating felix. and this skillful lie has never failed him. him and felix are close anyways. the lie is believable, and no one would go around spreading the rumor. hyunjin's pursuers we're usually strangers with no real connection to the two, so there was nothing to gain from rumors anyway. the only bad thing? felix never really knew about hyunjin's claims about their relationship.

~

hyunjin turned off the water of the sink and put his toothbrush back into its holder before walking back out into his room. felix was still in bed but now completely sprawled out instead of curled into a ball. the sun shone against his slightly tanned and freckled skin, soft, messy, blond hair, and the skin of his abs as his shirt had slightly ridden up. hyunjin stared and blinked a couple times. felix was just so unreal. hyunjin never thought it was weird how much he admired his friend. hyunjin's an artist. he's supposed to admire people. people and their blond hair. and their soft skin.