chapter twelve - i love you

"how are you?" - strong seo💪🏼

"shitty" - felix

it had been a few days since felix showed up at hyunjin's place. changbin found out about the ordeal when felix came to his house in the middle of the night afterward, blubbering some nonsense about loving or hating hyunjin and some painting.

"do you want to talk about it more?" - strong seo💪🏼

"no" - felix

"okay" - strong seo💪🏼

"i'm here for you if and when you do" - strong seo💪🏼

"call me or text me" - strong seo💪🏼

"just show up at my house" - strong seo💪🏼

"i love you yongbok-ah" - strong seo💪🏼

felix still thought about everything that happened that night.

how much it hurt him when hyunjin opened the door expecting him to be hari. when hyunjin refered to his apartment as their 'home'.

how hyunjin refused to tell felix if it would've made a difference if he had confessed his love earlier.

how hyunjin wanted to keep him in the past.

every word hyunjin said to him yesterday felt like another blow to his already bruised heart.

one thing that left him satisfied was knowing that hyunjin had to sit there and clean up the remains of the painting.

knowing who the painting was from, who he was with when he saw it, who bought it for him, and who came back after not talking to him for months just to give it to him.

felix hoped he sat and cried over that painting.

cried over him.

felix hoped he knew that not only did he lose the painting, he lost the person that gave it to him.

~

hari came back home after a few days. the couple kept in touch over the phone, but hari didn't really tell him why she left, and hyunjin definitely didn't tell her about felix's appearance.

"i told you it was family things, but i should be honest about what's happening," hyunjin nodded slowly. his mind had been busy, so honestly he hadn't had time to wonder anyways. "my mom is sick. she's been sick for a while, but i think it's bad this time. i want you to meet her, in case anything happens.." hyunjin took her into his arms.

"i'm sorry you had to go through that alone. thank you for telling me."

"are you nervous?" hari asked, half hoping he would be. you were only really scared to meet someone's parents if you really cared.

"no, it'll be fine."

when they drove together, they usually went in hyunjin's car since he would be the one driving, but today they took hari's car since she was the one driving him to her house. hyunjin had never been to her house or even been in her car before this.

"she's sick, but not bedridden. she's still pretty lively, so don't think she won't interrogate you. very sweet, but very direct." hari was prepping him in the car the entire way and was giving him another rundown before they entered the house.

"i see where you get your feistiness from then," hari wasn't amused. "alright, sorry, i get it."

"you got this," she gave him a quick kiss before opening the door. "mom, i'm home! i brought hyunjin to meet you!"

an older woman walked out from where hyunjin assumed to be the kitchen to greet them. she smiled warmly at hari, not yet even giving hyunjin a look.

"hi baby," the lady took hari into a hug and only after letting go did she avert her attention to hyunjin who was standing awkwardly in the doorway, observing the house instead of minding hari and her mother. "and you must be-" the lady let out a shocked gasp. a little overdramatized, but genuine shock was behind it. "oh my! so the hyunjin my daughter's been talking about so much turned out to be you!" hyunjin looked to hari's mom and recognized her fairly quickly.